Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Palio arrived
Smoke Naked 06:19 PM 03-18-2009
I'm not a big poster but I just had to come and say how excited I am about my newest purchase. I hit up Heartfelt after lots o' research and pulled the trigger on the black Palio. Ordered on Sunday, it shipped Monday, and it was in my mailbox today (Wed.) waiting for me to clip a cap. I reach into my 50 count grabbed a month old 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo, grab a Gordon Biersch Hefeweizen from the frig, locate my ronson, grab my laptop, and head to the back "porch" for a smoke. I inspect the Palio to make sure I don't demolish the smoke accidentally, seems simple enough, insert Torpedo and clip. BUTTER, pure butter. Part of me wants the draw to be tough so I can put it back in the humi and grab another sacrificial lamb , but the prelight draw was perfect. I love this cutter already. So I leave you at that, just sitting back in the shade enjoying my smoke and beer in 75*f San Diego bliss.

Oh yeah, I also got my 65% beads in the same package, VERY excited about them but my new footlocker humi won't be here till Friday. Thanks to all of you for pushing me down the slope, its the little things in life that make it worth living and this is def. one of them...:-)
BamBam 06:22 PM 03-18-2009
Palio's are the best. I just bought a second one. I'm not sure why but I just did. :-)
WildBlueSooner 06:31 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by BamBam:
Palio's are the best. I just bought a second one. I'm not sure why but I just did. :-)
I bought one as well. Awaiting its arrival...I am excited!
pnoon 06:36 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Smoke Naked:
I'm not a big poster but I just had to come and say how excited I am about my newest purchase. I hit up Heartfelt after lots o' research and pulled the trigger on the black Palio. Ordered on Sunday, it shipped Monday, and it was in my mailbox today (Wed.) waiting for me to clip a cap. I reach into my 50 count grabbed a month old 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo, grab a Gordon Biersch Hefeweizen from the frig, locate my ronson, grab my laptop, and head to the back "porch" for a smoke. I inspect the Palio to make sure I don't demolish the smoke accidentally, seems simple enough, insert Torpedo and clip. BUTTER, pure butter. Part of me wants the draw to be tough so I can put it back in the humi and grab another sacrificial lamb , but the prelight draw was perfect. I love this cutter already. So I leave you at that, just sitting back in the shade enjoying my smoke and beer in 75*f San Diego bliss.

Oh yeah, I also got my 65% beads in the same package, VERY excited about them but my new footlocker humi won't be here till Friday. Thanks to all of you for pushing me down the slope, its the little things in life that make it worth living and this is def. one of them...:-)
From one San Diegan to another, it doesn't get much better than that.
BamBam 06:40 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I bought one as well. Awaiting its arrival...I am excited!
I have a Palio and a Xikar Titanium Cutter. I go to the Palio everytime. Although the Xikar is a lil smaller and travels a little easier for me, I take it to the B&*M for this reason. But I still prefer the Palio cut.
Smoke Naked 06:46 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
From one San Diegan to another, it doesn't get much better than that.
You got that right:-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:52 PM 03-18-2009
truly a cut above the rest
ucla695 08:10 PM 03-18-2009
One of my faves!! :-)
WildBlueSooner 08:37 PM 03-18-2009
Too bad these things look all cheap, I think I will stick to my badass looking, shitty cutting one. :-)
lightning9191 08:52 PM 03-18-2009
Sounds like you had a good afternoon.....congrats on the new baby!
bobarian 12:29 AM 03-19-2009
The biggest problem when I got my first Palio was resisting the urge to chop up every stick in the humi! :-) The cuts are so nice you just want to keep chopping!
Congrats on your first!:-)
Bax 03:05 AM 03-19-2009
Too bad these things look all cheap, I think I will stick to my badass looking, shitty cutting one. :-)
Are you going to go down that road again? :-)
Smoke Naked 05:49 AM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
The biggest problem when I got my first Palio was resisting the urge to chop up every stick in the humi! :-) The cuts are so nice you just want to keep chopping!
Congrats on your first!:-)
exactly, my other cutter was a junker all metal freebie that never chopped clean and always hung up. I had to hold back from chopping more caps and remember that its mine and there will be many many more chops ahead.
Smoke Naked 05:52 AM 03-19-2009
your right, it does look cheap, and it didn't even survive the garbage disposal test, what a junker:-)
tunes 06:00 AM 03-19-2009
I am also tired of this cutter coming off it's tracks.:-):-):-)
marge796 06:04 AM 03-19-2009
Well after all the hub bub I’ve read here about the Palio cutters I feel I would be remised if I didn’t spend some of my hard earned money on one. I have mentioned before that I have used an XIKAR for many years and never had any issues. I destroyed one during a weekend of camping and what not, called XIKAR they said send it back and we’ll fix it. A short time after sending it to them I had it back good as new. They say change is good, is it good enough to spend 35-50 dollars on? Thanks.

Chris……… :-)
CigarGuy88 08:35 PM 04-23-2009
Palio's are awesome but when I got my Xikar I havent used it since...
Smoke Naked 08:37 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88:
Great:-)
big a 10:09 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88:
I didn't like my xikar at first but after more cuts i do like it. I have been wanting to try the palios however. If you might want to unload it, shoot me a pm and im sure we could work something out.
taltos 04:08 AM 04-24-2009
I have both and must cast another vote for the Xikar. Just seems to work more comfortably for me with my fat fingers.:-)
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up