Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 23 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>I wish Palio's didn't Look so Cheap
jrwingate6 10:32 PM 03-15-2009
Seriously though, the thing cut's great but damn it looks and feels cheap. I wonder why they cant make a all stainless or something. I would love to have this blade in a nice heavy frame. What do you guys think about their look?
[Reply]
icehog3 10:36 PM 03-15-2009
I am more concerned with function than with form. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:37 PM 03-15-2009
I think the simple look is just fine. I don't think it looks or feels cheap at all. :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:38 PM 03-15-2009
I personally think they look good, and the weight is something I like. I had a stainless Xikar and it was too heavy in my pocket for daily carry
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 10:38 PM 03-15-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-) I love this dayum thing and find it hard to use anything else
[Reply]
jrwingate6 10:39 PM 03-15-2009
I am also tired of this cutter coming off it's tracks. It feels like it's sticking too when I open it. I cleaned it out numerous times.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:43 PM 03-15-2009
Originally Posted by jrwingate6:
I am also tired of this cutter coming off it's tracks. It feels like it's sticking too when I open it. I cleaned it out numerous times.
The manufacturer stands behind them and will fix or replace it free. The owner happens to be a member here.

I find it curious your first two posts here are to rip on Palio. Smells of an agenda to me.....apologies if I am wrong.
[Reply]
skullnrose 10:49 PM 03-15-2009
I'm not concerned with it's looks. You can't buy a better cutter.As far as it sticking I wash mine with Dawn in super hot water seems to do the trick.
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:49 PM 03-15-2009
I have had mine for almost two years and never had it come off the tracks, so maybe its a defective piece. I would take it back to the store because they will replace it on the spot, no hassle.
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 10:50 PM 03-15-2009
I think you can take these to any retailer that sells them and exchange with no questions asked. at least that's what I heard. Mine has cut hundreds of sticks and is still as sharp as the first.
[Reply]
Whee 10:50 PM 03-15-2009
The manufacturer stands behind them and will fix or replace it free. The owner happens to be a member here.

I find it curious your first two posts here are to rip on Palio. Smells of an agenda to me.....apologies if I am wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40
[Reply]
nozero 10:51 PM 03-15-2009
I've had mine for about a year now, maybe more. I still love it. I like the look, the feel and the job it does.
:-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 10:53 PM 03-15-2009
I love my Palios I have used them exclusively for over a year and converted many BOTL's as well as run two group buys for them. I like them so much I accidently gave my last on away to a guy I was herfing with that really liked it after he tried it. Lucky for me a great BOTL hooked me up with a new one. I have cut probably 1000 cigars with Palio and never had a single problem or bad cut.

But what the hell do I know I am just a dumbass Canadian :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:55 PM 03-15-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
I love my Palios I have used them exclusively for over a year and converted many BOTL's as well as run two group buys do them. I like them so much I accidently gave my last on away to a guy I was herfing with. Lucky for me a great BOTL hooked me up with a new one. I have cut probably 1000 cigars with Palio and never had a single problem or bad cut.

But what the hell do I know I am just a dumbass Canadian :-)
Uuuhhhh . . . . nevermind. :-)

Palio. A cut above.
[Reply]
skullnrose 11:02 PM 03-15-2009
ok while were talking palios anyone else rest their finger on the cap while they make the cut? Seems I always get strange looks when I do it but I haven't been cut or made a bad cut yet. This is even more fun while driving!
[Reply]
Darrell 11:13 PM 03-15-2009
:-)

I could give 2 shits what it looks like, when it cuts like it does -- that's all I need. :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:23 PM 03-15-2009
Seriously though, the thing cut's great but damn it looks and feels cheap. I wonder why they cant make a all stainless or something. I would love to have this blade in a nice heavy frame. What do you guys think about their look?
I have a stainless cutter manufactured by a name brand outfit that's junk. Pure, simple junk. But it looks great, it's nice and hefty, and the name alone (starts with a "C") is guaranteed to impress people. Really sexy.

I'll trade you for a Palio! Seriously. :-)
[Reply]
jrwingate6 11:40 PM 03-15-2009

Well your wrong about your conspiracy theory :-). I don't care for Xikar's either. I just wish their were more than 2 cutters that are very good for under 50$. I just want something different.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 12:47 AM 03-16-2009
I have 2 Palio's. Don't care for them myself. There does seem to be a learning curve to using them correctly. I had a Cuban Crafter perfection cutter and still find myself reaching for that one first.

Palio is a really good cutter a lot of B/SOTL reach for them first.

Like what you use, use what you like.

Just my :-) worth.

Peace

[Reply]
lightning9191 06:47 AM 03-16-2009
I like my Palio. I think it looks simple, but I like that about it. Beautiful simplicity...why screw it up?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 23 > Last »
Up