Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Boiled water in a pinch???
kgraybill 08:41 PM 07-18-2009
I screwed up and sent my son-in-law in Afganistan a humi full of stogies, and accesories.
Not thinking that distilled water would be hard to get I sent him humi-care pillows.

Will boiled water grow mold in these pillows? any other options that he might be able to come up with overthere?

Thanks
Ken
[Reply]
tobii3 09:04 PM 07-18-2009
here's the good news - the bottled water works just fine. No such animal as "tap water" over there.

The bad news?

He's still in Afghanistan.

:-)

Did you send him a humi or a cigar caddy?
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 09:05 PM 07-18-2009
I used beads over in Iraq with reg. bottled water and had no problems.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kgraybill 09:23 PM 07-18-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
here's the good news - the bottled water works just fine. No such animal as "tap water" over there.

The bad news?

He's still in Afghanistan.

:-)

Did you send him a humi or a cigar caddy?
Thanks guys. I sent a 50 ct. humi. Just a cheep one but is seals well.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 11:17 PM 07-18-2009
Tell your son to grab an ammo can or two in a pinch they keep a pretty good seal. I keep one or two around for emergencies.
[Reply]
tobii3 08:40 AM 07-19-2009
Ammo cans work great (anyone remember the La Finca-dors?)...but the problem is going to be the unit he is assigned to.

All it takes is one retarded jackass (trust me, he knows what I mean) that sees an ammo can in your son-in-law's hooch and all hell breaks loose.

Tell him to see if he can get his hands on a Hardigg/Storm/Pelican case over there - the PX has improved GREATLY since some of our tours back in 02 and 03!!!
[Reply]
TBone 09:35 AM 07-19-2009
For that matter a good tupperware container would work as an interim to getting the necessary long term container. I used one while on the road and I travelled extensively throughout the AOR and my cigars were very well kept. I too used the humi-care pillows and they performed great. I think your package will be fine.
[Reply]
Up