Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Need Help - transporting a full vino
stearns 03:03 PM 05-08-2009
Hey guys

im heading back home for the summer in a few days, and i have to find some way to transport my vino. still have the original box, im just worried about the cigars inside. what is the best way to do this without damaging anything? almost everything is in boxes, should i consolidate, fill the boxes with bubble wrap and put them in ziplock bags to carry seperately? any other, smoother way of doing this?

thanks

stearns
[Reply]
AD720 03:25 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by stearns:
Hey guys

im heading back home for the summer in a few days, and i have to find some way to transport my vino. still have the original box, im just worried about the cigars inside. what is the best way to do this without damaging anything? almost everything is in boxes, should i consolidate, fill the boxes with bubble wrap and put them in ziplock bags to carry seperately? any other, smoother way of doing this?

thanks

stearns
I would do all that but leave everything in the vino, filling the empty areas with more bubble wrap so nothing moves around. Good luck!
[Reply]
massphatness 03:28 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I would do all that but leave everything in the vino, filling the empty areas with more bubble wrap so nothing moves around. Good luck!
:-) Plus I think I'd take the trays out and compress everything as much as I could.
[Reply]
Smoking Dragon 03:28 PM 05-08-2009
Take the sticks out and place them in a flat rate box labeled to me and I will take care of them for you :-). But like stated b4 just pack all the empty spaces so the sticks don't flop around.

Sarge
[Reply]
stearns 04:42 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by sergeant smoky:
Take the sticks out and place them in a flat rate box labeled to me and I will take care of them for you
once usps makes flat rate boxes big enough :-):-):-):-):-)

stearns
[Reply]
taltos 06:52 PM 05-08-2009
Ben, I would wrap a cargo strap around the Vino to keep the door from opening. If you are transporting it in your car, I would not worry past that. Make sure that it is kept upright and get help loading it in your car. Not that long of a trip from VA to here.
[Reply]
acarr 07:54 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by sergeant smoky:
Take the sticks out and place them in a flat rate box labeled to me and I will take care of them for you :-). But like stated b4 just pack all the empty spaces so the sticks don't flop around.

Sarge
I was going to say the same thing. I will send you what is left when you arrive at the destination.
[Reply]
ucla695 09:50 AM 05-09-2009
Are you moving it yourself? How far is the move?
[Reply]
stearns 10:51 AM 05-09-2009
about 550 miles (from VA to MA)

stearns
[Reply]
Up