Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>This heat is killing me!
neoflex 09:19 AM 08-13-2010
No not because of my humidor temps but it's been too hot and humid to get outside with a cigar. Even at night it's been boiling hot and super humid. I would even be willing to sit outside in the heat to enjoy a smoke if it weren't so humid that by the time I got to the halfway point the stick would feel and smoke like a wet sponge. Hate to say it but I am actually looking forward to the cooler months already. I may have to visit the local B&M this weekend just so I can sit and enjoy one there in the A/C. Either that or figure out how to redirect an air duct into the garage.:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 09:23 AM 08-13-2010
I agree John. This midwest humidity is a killer! I've found time to smoke on the way to work but not any good cigars, just yard 'gars. But the good news is the heat is supposed to break next week!!
[Reply]
TripleF 09:29 AM 08-13-2010
Dude, welcome to my world 7.5 months out of the year. I bring a towel outside with me.....really.
[Reply]
maninblack 09:31 AM 08-13-2010
There's no way I could live in the Southeast. I love fall because its perfect for smoking cigars.Thank God its right around the corner!
[Reply]
JaKaacH 09:34 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I agree John. This midwest humidity is a killer! I've found time to smoke on the way to work but not any good cigars, just yard 'gars. But the good news is the heat is supposed to break next week!!
How can it be hot in Rockport? You have them big fans on the river bluffs.:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 09:38 AM 08-13-2010
Holy crap! You been by here Jeff? Those damn wind towers are a joke.
[Reply]
JaKaacH 09:45 AM 08-13-2010
Spent a year there one month...:-) Way before the Wind power/towers..
Cooper Nuke, I'm sure you're very familiar with that place.

105 Yesterday in Paola, KS
[Reply]
DropTheE 09:50 AM 08-13-2010
I feel for you guys out there where the humidity is a killer. Here in Wyoming it is just hot and that on its own can dampen my enjoyment of a cigar. I can't imagine adding that humidity in there like you guys are enduring. I hope that you get some relief soon and get back to enjoying your nightly burn. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 09:50 AM 08-13-2010
I work at Cooper Nuke. Small world!
[Reply]
kydsid 09:59 AM 08-13-2010
Come to south Texas right on the border and let me know how it is. I have been watching Houston's weather, moving there soon, for the last two months. Nearly every day in the last month they have had a heat advisory. Meanwhile here it is hotter, more humid and higher dew point and we got no advisory whatsoever. LOL

BTW our heat index averages 106 here.
[Reply]
JaKaacH 10:00 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
I feel for you guys out there where the humidity is a killer. Here in Wyoming it is just hot and that on its own can dampen my enjoyment of a cigar. I can't imagine adding that humidity in there like you guys are enduring. I hope that you get some relief soon and get back to enjoying your nightly burn. :-)
They used to say: "Its not the heat its the humidity"
The other night it cooled off some got a good smoke out and at half way it turned bad, would not burn very good. Plus mosquitoes ate me up..

I work at Cooper Nuke. Small world!
I once asked a guard at Wolf Creek if I would get in trouble if I had a switch blade, he said NO I was bringing a knife to a gun fight...:-)
[Reply]
DropTheE 10:02 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Come to south Texas right on the border and let me know how it is. I have been watching Houston's weather, moving there soon, for the last two months. Nearly every day in the last month they have had a heat advisory. Meanwhile here it is hotter, more humid and higher dew point and we got no advisory whatsoever. LOL

BTW our heat index averages 106 here.

I went to Houston last year, it was around April I think. I think I lost like 15 lbs in 3 days, I couldn't imagine getting in to July and August down there. I would have not left my hotel room. Talk about a case of swamp butt...:-)
[Reply]
darkleeroy 10:25 AM 08-13-2010
Miami, FL: 91F Humidity 56%, Heat Index 104F
[Reply]
Costa 10:29 AM 08-13-2010
Its really been nice here in MA near Cape Cod the past few weeks. Like someone said above, nothing like the Fall for cigar smoking......
[Reply]
rizzle 10:58 AM 08-13-2010
Nancy boys...the whole lot of ya.
:-)
[Reply]
kydsid 11:02 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Nancy boys...the whole lot of ya.
:-)
Excuse me? Ya'll ain't got nothing on me. It is going to be 104 with 60% humidity today. Florida is downright cool compared to that! :-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 12:18 PM 08-13-2010
There's no way I could live in the Southeast. I love fall because its perfect for smoking cigars.Thank God its right around the corner!
:-)...I wouldn't last a second.

I'm all for cool New England fall weather...the best weather in my book. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 12:20 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
:-)...I wouldn't last a second.

I'm all for cool New England fall weather...the best weather in my book. :-)
Autumn's in New England look pretty sweet. May have to plan a trip out there one of these days.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 12:23 PM 08-13-2010
Autumn's in New England look pretty sweet. May have to plan a trip out there one of these days.
It's beautiful here in the fall.

I'll tell you what, Kevin...I'll give you the opportunity of a life time. You can come out here and stay at my house for free and experience a true NE fall...including raking up all the leaves in my yard!! What do you say??? :-):-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 12:23 PM 08-13-2010
It's suppose to dip down to a high of 98 on Sunday, and everyone is ecstatic around here :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up