Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 29
« First < 8161718 192028 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>nice rums?
replicant_argent 09:49 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Wanger:
If you find any locally, Pete, let me know how it is and where you got it. :-)
After the Guat Zaya debacle, I give no info to anyone about any rum anymore.
Trust No One.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:07 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I think this is what you're looking for...http://shoppersvineyard.com/store/pc...M-302p8827.htm
Thanks for the link.:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Altra 11:13 AM 05-20-2011
Ok RZ23 has arrived.

Shawn
[Reply]
cobra03 11:22 AM 05-20-2011
Nice pick-ups just got a bottle of that Ron Zacapa yesterday. good stuff:-)
[Reply]
Altra 11:24 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by cobra03:
Nice pick-ups just got a bottle of that Ron Zacapa yesterday. good stuff:-)
The barefoot is for the little lady, she LOVES that brand. Who am I to argue at 6 bucks a bottle.

Shawn
[Reply]
Altra 05:52 PM 05-20-2011
Ron Centenario XX Anos Fundacion

Well my friend works for a liquor distributor and I got hold of a MD beverage journal the place uses:-). So far i'm not seeing it in MD anywhere.

Oh well.

Shawn
[Reply]
wayner123 07:09 AM 05-23-2011
Have any of you tried Cruzan Black Strap, or Cruzan Single barrel?
[Reply]
Wanger 09:03 AM 05-23-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
After the Guat Zaya debacle, I give no info to anyone about any rum anymore.
Trust No One.
Would you like your addy public? Blackmail's a biatch, ain't it? :-) LOL
[Reply]
issues 09:49 AM 05-23-2011
After reading through this thread, I went ahead and picked up a bottle of Diplomaticos Reserva and everything I read in here was spot on!!!

Very tasty treat, no doubt!

Will have to get the Ron Centenario XX next. :-)

I have also come to enjoy Ron Anejo Botran Solera 1893 and Oronoco. I would have to say my favorites so far are Havana Club 7yr, Zacapa XO, Zaya and the Diplomaticos Reserva but I still have a lot of rums to try.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:20 PM 05-23-2011
Zacapa 23 FTW!

Day to day I actually love a Kraken (with a cube) with cigars. Bloody excellent stuff. Quite reasonable too.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:06 PM 05-23-2011
Originally Posted by issues:
After reading through this thread, I went ahead and picked up a bottle of Diplomaticos Reserva and everything I read in here was spot on!!!

Very tasty treat, no doubt!

Will have to get the Ron Centenario XX next. :-)

I have also come to enjoy Ron Anejo Botran Solera 1893 and Oronoco. I would have to say my favorites so far are Havana Club 7yr, Zacapa XO, Zaya and the Diplomaticos Reserva but I still have a lot of rums to try.
Sweet haul!!!

Diplomaticos is tasty!!!
:-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 11:41 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My favorite "sweet" rum is Ron Centenario XX Anos Fundacion....comes if a leather covered bottle....good stuff.
I just got an e-mail from SV. This stuff is on sale right now for <$30 before shipping. Here's a link: http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/stor...M-302p8827.htm

And there's a shipping discount code for the rest of May. SV5 will get you $5 off shipping. I picked up a bottle of it, and a bottle of Zaya. I've never had either, and haven't been able to find them locally.

Hope this helps a BOTL. :-)
[Reply]
agctribefan 11:53 AM 05-26-2011
anybody like flavored rums? I do appreciate a good flavored rum. Don't get me wrong I love the Pyrat, ron Zacapa, and Zimcaya rums. But I really like the vanilla flavored rums like Brimley gold and there is a rum called Sebastion's that you can get in tortola. Its fantastic. Calypso Island, now made by cruzan, used to be absolutely amazing, but since they were bought out, they changed and are not as good.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:36 PM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I just got an e-mail from SV. This stuff is on sale right now for <$30 before shipping. Here's a link: http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/stor...M-302p8827.htm

And there's a shipping discount code for the rest of May. SV5 will get you $5 off shipping. I picked up a bottle of it, and a bottle of Zaya. I've never had either, and haven't been able to find them locally.

Hope this helps a BOTL. :-)
Thanks, 3 bottles on the way.
[Reply]
wayner123 07:12 AM 06-02-2011
I had some Ron Abuelo 12 yr over the weekend. It was very smooth. It had a nice clean finish.

[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 11:28 AM 06-02-2011
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the older bottles of Zaya and the newer ones since the factory was moved?

I understand that there is a slight difference in the labeling but I have no idea as to what it is.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:45 AM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the older bottles of Zaya and the newer ones since the factory was moved?

I understand that there is a slight difference in the labeling but I have no idea as to what it is.
The old bottles say Guatemala, the new, Trinidad, if that is what you mean, sir.
There are one or two other small differences, as I recall, but that is the easiest to remember.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 11:50 AM 06-02-2011
The old bottles say Guatemala, the new, Trinidad, if that is what you mean, sir.
There are one or two other small differences, as I recall, but that is the easiest to remember.
That is great info. I was not aware of the difference in countries, but that is a big help and very easy to remember.
[Reply]
wayner123 12:44 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:

And here is a visual of that difference:

[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:51 PM 06-02-2011
BTW, if you know where there is any Guat, don't tell Wayne. :-)

You can PM me, though. :-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 29
« First < 8161718 192028 > Last »
Up