Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 39
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
bobarian 12:25 AM 11-21-2009
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
What cigar pairs best with iced chi tea?

I would recommend Peach White Owl Blunts to pair with that tea, Mike! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:29 AM 11-21-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Good way to ruin a perfectly good cigar! :-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 12:46 AM 11-21-2009
Wanna meet up for a tea and peach blunt brunch?

:-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:35 AM 11-21-2009
I thought a Moontrance would do the trick.

Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
Wanna meet up for a tea and peach blunt brunch?

I do. Only if I can smoke it backwards though.
[Reply]
bobarian 10:26 AM 11-21-2009
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I thought a Moontrance would do the trick.
That's because you are a noob and dont know any better!:-)

Those with experienced palates know that you pair a Moontrance with Herbal tea not chai!:-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:38 AM 11-27-2009
Hi Folks! I'm thinking of a new lighter, and it seems to me that a jet type would be best, but I've seen models with two and three jets. Do these multi jet lighters have any advantages to them? If so, what?
[Reply]
Zanaspus 10:52 AM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Hi Folks! I'm thinking of a new lighter, and it seems to me that a jet type would be best, but I've seen models with two and three jets. Do these multi jet lighters have any advantages to them? If so, what?
I'm sure others will have different opinions. I like a single jet. Burns less fuel and does the trick. The only advantage to multi-jet in my mind is faster toasting, but, meh, I'm patient when I sit down with a cigar.
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:58 AM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by Zanaspus:
I'm sure others will have different opinions. I like a single jet. Burns less fuel and does the trick. The only advantage to multi-jet in my mind is faster toasting, but, meh, I'm patient when I sit down with a cigar.

That makes sense, and it would seem that a single jet would be more precise. Thanks.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:03 AM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
That makes sense, and it would seem that a single jet would be more precise. Thanks.
I wouldn't say it's more precise. It's all how the user uses it. I can touch up a cigar with a 4 burner just as neat and easy as a single. I like the triple and quad torches simply because it covers more surface area at once and lights quickly. My cheap triple torch has a large tank and lasts alot longer than any single I have ever had, fwiw.
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:12 AM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
...I like the triple and quad torches simply because it covers more surface area at once and lights quickly. My cheap triple torch has a large tank and lasts alot longer than any single I have ever had, fwiw.

I'm glad I asked; there's a lot to consider before investing in one.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:04 PM 11-27-2009
I have regular (non-torch) and 1, 2, and 3 burner torches and I find that each has its place. I like the regular lighter for travel, the one burner torch for small ring gauge cigars like lancero's. Bigger ring gauges get a bigger torch.

I usually carry several lighters with me - yes I know that this is a little extreme :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:25 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I usually carry several lighters with me - yes I know that this is a little extreme :-)

I get it, I love accessories, too. What you need is a folding leather case that will carry them all in their own little slot.
[Reply]
kalivoda87 09:40 PM 12-02-2009
Heres a random question but can you really tell if a cigar is too dry/moist when you smoke it? How bout by sight and touch? I want to know to see if my humidor is working how it should.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:47 PM 12-02-2009
Rh too high if your smokes consistently have tight draws. Crispy wrappers would be an indication of too low humidity. What are you using for humidity control? In FL I would suspect you have a problem maintaining lower than 70% Rh. Are you using a calibrated hygrometer? I have my Rh between 62-65% and everything is fine. Its not guesswork, but a combination of good control(Heartfelt Humidity Beads) and a calibrated hygrometer. :-)
[Reply]
jjmitchem 07:28 AM 12-06-2009
I have a question that has probably been asked before so forgive me. Being Active Duty we will move quite a bit and I want to know everyone's opinion of ling term use of a travel humidor? Since I am just getting into this I currently have a Cigar Caddy 5 count - don't want to buy a lot of one kind while I figure out my taste. Can I use multiple cigar caddy's for my storage? and how should I maintain them? I am thinking about getting a 10 or more count one next.

Thanks in advance
Jim
[Reply]
pmwz 11:04 AM 12-06-2009
get tupperware + beads/puck if you want to store the cigars for more than a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
Kreth 11:30 AM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by pmwz:
get tupperware + beads/puck if you want to store the cigars for more than a couple of weeks.
I've had some sticks in my Cigar Caddy for over a month now. I threw one of shilala's soft beadsticks in there.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:37 PM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by jjmitchem:
Can I use multiple cigar caddy's for my storage? and how should I maintain them? I am thinking about getting a 10 or more count one next.

Thanks in advance
Jim
Yes, you can. I keep cigars in mine for months without any humidification and they smoke fine. As long as they are properly humidified going in, they will not dry out. Do yourself a favor and get the 15 or 18 count model. You can take the foam trays out and get a lot more cigars in there. I can put almost 30 cigars in my 15 count without the foam trays.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 09:10 AM 12-12-2009
Next beginner question

How much difference does a torpedo make on the draw of the cigar? how far up can you cut it and get a looser draw?

Is it typical to prefer one over another - a Parejo or a Torpedo
[Reply]
pnoon 09:18 AM 12-12-2009
Originally Posted by jjmitchem:
Next beginner question

How much difference does a torpedo make on the draw of the cigar? how far up can you cut it and get a looser draw?

Is it typical to prefer one over another - a Parejo or a Torpedo
There is nothing typical when it comes to preferences. Your preferences are just that - your preferences. Don't let anyone else's (no matter their experience) influene your preferences.

I typically cut a torpedo thin - and always at a slight angle. If the draw is not optimal, I can always snip off a little more.

[Reply]
Page 7 of 39
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up