Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Evan Williams 1998
Mark C 01:39 PM 10-31-2008
I found myself in a liquor store today looking for rum. They didn't have anything worth buying, so I wandered over to the bourbon section. The only bourbon I've had (aside from Jim Beam) was Booker's, that I found at this same store for ~$15 below MSRP.

Today I saw a lonely bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 1998. The price tag was hand-written, so I guessed a sale. Went home with their last bottle for $25. Looks like the going rate is ~$30 online, so I'm happy.

So, is this stuff any good? Decent match for a good stogie?
[Reply]
Volt 02:29 PM 10-31-2008
Evan Williams Single Barrel 10 year old is my #1 bourbon. Used to be $20 a bottle, the price has been going crazy as it's getting real popular. It's starting to match Makers in cost or more around here.
[Reply]
groogs 08:46 PM 10-31-2008
For the price I think Evan Williams 10year is Great. It can still be had in my area for $25.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:01 PM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by Volt:
Evan Williams Single Barrel 10 year old is my #1 bourbon. Used to be $20 a bottle, the price has been going crazy as it's getting real popular. It's starting to match Makers in cost or more around here.
I agree, this along with Eagle Rare is my favorite. I'm sure the '98 is great as well. I enjoy these with a Habano or Sumatra wrapped stick. I find that both lend themselves to a velvety smoke that's accentuated by the smooth smoky, oakiness of the bourbon.
[Reply]
MithShrike 04:45 PM 11-03-2008
The Evan Williams 10 Year and Booker's are my two favorite bourbons and for completely different reasons.

:-)
[Reply]
Up