Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Not sure how I feel about this?
czerbe 11:13 AM 12-02-2013
I often say I should have been born in the 50's, life seemed simple, easy, and you could buy CC's :-) I really don't think I would want to live in a world like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...eZ38&vq=medium

am I alone in this?
[Reply]
G G 11:17 AM 12-02-2013
I'm with you. I like technology but there is a limit for me.
[Reply]
bigdaddy003587 11:30 AM 12-02-2013
its a bit extreme for where we are now but we are heading that way.
my mom is in her 60's and cant or doesnt want to keep up with the tech stuff around her.
[Reply]
stearns 11:42 AM 12-02-2013
I may be the outcast here, but I think that's pretty friggin cool :-)

that being said, I wouldnt pay the $XXXXXX it's gonna cost to set it up, but I bet it's pretty fun to play with
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:29 PM 12-02-2013
I think it's astonishing, and if they can keep costs down, we may very well see some of this in the near future. I don't think it'll be as ubiquitous as in Corning's infomercial, however. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:35 PM 12-02-2013
Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, your opinion is yours. Don't let them get you down, no matter who they are.
[Reply]
Gabe215 01:56 PM 12-02-2013
I always wished I was born exactly 100 years earlier, 1886, only downside is I couldn't imagine no AC! Other than that much better times!!
[Reply]
czerbe 01:57 PM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, your opinion is yours. Don't let them get you down, no matter who they are.

:-) I see what you did there :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:00 PM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by czerbe:
:-) I see what you did there :-)
I'll be here all za veek, Corey....try the veal. :-)
[Reply]
czerbe 02:12 PM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'll be here all za veek, Corey....try the veal. :-)
I love me some veal!!! and I say Well played sir:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:02 PM 12-02-2013
it upsets me that she replies "ok yes" .. .one or the other *****!
[Reply]
massphatness 06:55 PM 12-02-2013
At the end, the guy is sleeping on the side of the bed where the wife woke up earlier that morning. No way does that work for me. My side is MY side.
[Reply]
dwoodward 07:05 PM 12-02-2013
If it's possible. I think it's damn cool tech. I'd do it.
[Reply]
the nub 09:38 PM 12-02-2013
as someone without a tv and no text, I agree.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 10:02 PM 12-02-2013
Most of the stuff in the video is pretty cool, I'm glad I was born when I was.
[Reply]
czerbe 06:34 AM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by massphatness:
At the end, the guy is sleeping on the side of the bed where the wife woke up earlier that morning. No way does that work for me. My side is MY side.

:-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 06:46 AM 12-03-2013
how much will the electric bill be
[Reply]
Smoqman 07:07 AM 12-03-2013
I love technology and am immersed in it. However the one thing I do not like and that I find incredibly unsettling is that most of the technology featured in this video removes any anonymity from our lives. All of the interesting tidbits in this video are seeable by so many others - so many others that want to control your lives, send you advertising based on what you do each day and to influence what you do and what you buy. Yes, that is present now: you use your credit card at the gas pump, then buy a diet pepsi in the store with the same card. That information is tracked and stored and is later used to sell you more goods that are in some way similar to what you've just purchased or that are purchased by other people who use their cc at the pump and then buy a soda.... maybe a % of the people who did the same go somewhere else afterward and then that gathered data "predicts" what others might want to do based on what others have already done... and you are then FED that. That is what we experience now, in the most subtle, ways, but it is there….and getting much, much more pervasive in our lives.

Take a day, or two and see if you can follow what your cc, online shopping or ancestry.com info is predicting and trying to sell you.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:11 AM 12-03-2013
7-10 years, is my estimate for a large percentage of those products. Adapt or die. :-)

How long did it take for touch screen technology to get where it is today? How much is a touch screen tablet? If you showed an average Joe an ipad or android tablet 10 years ago would they have been amazed? Not to mention the fact that one only costs a day or twos wages? Considering technological acceleration and the speed in which our knowledge base is exploding, the future is going to look..... very different than it does today.
[Reply]
Heavy_d 07:28 AM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
7-10 years, is my estimate for a large percentage of those products. Adapt or die. :-)

How long did it take for touch screen technology to get where it is today? How much is a touch screen tablet? If you showed an average Joe an ipad or android tablet 10 years ago would they have been amazed? Not to mention the fact that one only costs a day or twos wages? Considering technological acceleration and the speed in which our knowledge base is exploding, the future is going to look..... very different than it does today.
Forced to agree with this. As someone born in the early 80's, I'm still amazed at how far technology has progressed just in my short life time. Things that I grew up watching as science fiction on Star Trek: the Next Generation, like touch screen tablet computers, are now common everyday items. I can only imagine what we'll have in another 30 years.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up