Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Anyone fish?
colinb913 01:37 PM 07-27-2010
I live on a small lake, and used to fish alot. I am just now getting back into it. Just went to Dick's and bought some lures, let me tell ya, those things add up extraordinarly fast! I think I am going to throw some lines in the water around seven tonight.

Anyone else enjoy bass fishin?
[Reply]
shilala 01:45 PM 07-27-2010
I grew up on Sabula Lake in PA. I fished every waking hour all season long except when the water was turning over in the spring cause I couldn't catch anything and the mud was a foot deep to get to the water.
Did a lot of fishing at the tailrace of Allegheny Resevoir, too. Mainly for monster walleye. I have a 13 pounder hanging right here in front of my desk.
I never get out fishing anymore, too much other stuff to do. Good stuff, though. :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 01:48 PM 07-27-2010
As much as we can brother.

Come chat over here too. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...15370&page=144
[Reply]
HK3- 01:51 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by Mr B:
As much as we can brother.

Come chat over here too. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...15370&page=144
:-) We usually post our fishing pics and stories here. :-)
[Reply]
darkleeroy 02:01 PM 07-27-2010
I fly fish from time to time, and by fly fish I mean that I wade 90% of the time, trip the other 9%, and spend the last 1% casting.
[Reply]
mahtofire 02:19 PM 07-27-2010
Yes:-)
[Reply]
Diesel Kinevel 02:47 PM 07-27-2010
I spend as much time fishing as possible. Just like deer hunting:-)

-Z
[Reply]
colinb913 02:50 PM 07-27-2010
Its nice because the community I live in have 15 lakes, all within walking distance of my house. Bear in mind, these are small lakes, but fun as hell to fish none the less.
[Reply]
bsmokin 02:55 PM 07-27-2010
I am lucky enough to have a father in law who loves fishing and has pulled me in. I tag along with him on his beautiful boat (29' Wellcraft), and use all his stuff... :-) I do bring the cigars though.. it's a good deal :-)

We fish in the bays outside of Atlantic City, NJ. Sometimes we venture outside into the ocean a bit to try some trolling. We mostly fish for flounder but also blue fish, strippers, sea bass, etc. We really don't catch much though. I look at this time mostly as an excuse to get some sun, relax, drink, and smoke several cigars on the water... :-)
[Reply]
Diesel Kinevel 02:56 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by bsmokin:
I am lucky enough to have a father in law who loves fishing and has pulled me in. I tag along with him on his beautiful boat (29' Wellcraft), and use all his stuff... :-) I do bring the cigars though.. it's a good deal :-)

We fish in the bays outside of Atlantic City, NJ. Sometimes we venture outside into the ocean a bit to try some trolling. We mostly fish for flounder but also blue fish, strippers, sea bass, etc. We really don't catch much though. I look at this time mostly as an excuse to get some sun, relax, drink, and smoke several cigars on the water... :-)
You fish for strippers? I need to find out where your fishing!!

-Z
[Reply]
colinb913 02:58 PM 07-27-2010
Dude, sounds like your one lucky man. I do mainly shore fishing, but when my friends invite me out to the river to fish I am all over it. Problem is, no one in my house has patience to do it, so if we go boating, I can barely fish cause all they want to do is wake board and the like!
[Reply]
darkleeroy 02:58 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by Diesel Kinevel:
You fish for strippers? I need to find out where your fishing!!

-Z
I hear they fight like bears when you hook em
[Reply]
BlackDog 03:53 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
I fly fish from time to time, and by fly fish I mean that I wade 90% of the time, trip the other 9%, and spend the last 1% casting.
And another 10% getting flies out of trees. :-)
[Reply]
darkleeroy 05:09 PM 07-27-2010
That's exactly why I don't fly fish as much as I'd like
[Reply]
MiamiE 05:13 PM 07-27-2010
Peacock bass and snook in the canals!
[Reply]
bvilchez 05:18 PM 07-27-2010
I never fished a day in my life!!!! It's something I've always wanted to do since I was little. When my wife and I had our son I told myself I would always do something with my kids I never did with my parents. I'm going to preach the same to them when they grow and have children of their own.

Tempted to go and just try it out by myself though but then it takes the fun out of doing it for the first time with AJ.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 05:19 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Peacock bass and snook in the canals!
Peacock bass are fun, I've yet to catch a snook in the canals.
[Reply]
MiamiE 05:22 PM 07-27-2010
Most of the same canals you are catching the peacocks in have the snook, and they are BIG.
[Reply]
Steve 06:59 PM 07-27-2010
And a few baby poons at times as well
[Reply]
MiamiE 07:16 PM 07-27-2010
Yea I have jumped tarpon in the canals by the airport.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up