Sub Zero 0 0%
Summit 0 0%
Vinotemp 7 26.92%
Whynter 0 0%
Wine Enthusiast 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Your Favorite Reliable Wineador to date?
Outlaw God 10:54 AM 08-13-2013
With so many wine coolers out there and the luck of the draw on reliability, versatility and service quality what ones been your best friend?
Thanks

Avanti
CellarPro
Cuisinart
Danby
EdgeStar
Electrolux
Emerson
Franklin Chef
Frigidaire
Haier
Kalorik
Kitchenaid
Koldfront
NewAir
Soleus Air
Sub Zero
Summit
Vinotemp
Whynter
Wine Enthusiast
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:59 AM 08-13-2013
I have an Edgestar 28, a Haier, and a Frigidaire...all three have been good to me.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 11:02 AM 08-13-2013
Thanks Mac, wow just made the poll in time at placing the 20 just under the 5 min before it would have lock me out, wish they would up the time to write in the poll figures was more then 5 min
Keep an eye out for the Edgestar 28
Thanks
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:39 AM 08-13-2013
Before I purchased an Aristocrat five years ago, I had a Haier set up. After I got the Aristocrat, the Haier was repurposed to holding wine. Imagine that. :-) The Haier is probably around seven years old now and still going strong.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 11:43 AM 08-13-2013
cant say its the most reliable or my favorite but it is the one i have and using now and it does do the job.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 11:45 AM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Before I purchased an Aristocrat five years ago, I had a Haier set up. After I got the Aristocrat, the Haier was repurposed to holding wine. Imagine that. :-) The Haier is probably around seven years old now and still going strong.

I talk to Aristocrat about there humidors and I sure after a wineador Ill be seeing a Aristocrat also in 5 years
But want the most reliable one and the Haier sounds promising
Thanks Brother!
[Reply]
Outlaw God 11:46 AM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
cant say its the most reliable or my favorite but it is the one i have and using now and it does do the job.
Sorry what one?
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:59 AM 08-13-2013
If you go the wineador route, I'd just add beads and let her go.

I modified mine with a temperature control unit, and then used active humidification. It was a complete pain. The thing cycled constantly, humidity jumped all over the place, and I had condensate problems all the time.

In retrospect I should have just gone with beads. There's a lot to be said for the KISS method.

Originally Posted by Outlaw God:
I talk to Aristocrat about there humidors and I sure after a wineador Ill be seeing a Aristocrat also in 5 years
But want the most reliable one and the Haier sounds promising
Thanks Brother!

[Reply]
stearns 12:11 PM 08-13-2013
vinotemp, unplugged with a boat load of beads spread throughout. have had it going for about 5 years, still works like the day i took it's dented ass out of the target box :-)
[Reply]
Outlaw God 12:14 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by stearns:
vinotemp, unplugged with a boat load of beads spread throughout. have had it going for about 5 years, still works like the day i took it's dented ass out of the target box :-)
When just using beads only with the unit off, what are the interior temperatures ?
I'm assuming the unit is off with this method ?
Thanks
[Reply]
stearns 12:20 PM 08-13-2013
yup, vino off, I keep my apartment in the upper 60's year round so I never have any issues with interior temp, but I do keep a digital thermo in there and keep a rough eye on it. I have used it for temp control before but I would get minor rh swings. right now my rh never goes more than +/-1 (according to the two hygros I have in there on the top and bottom shelves). Also had some custom shelves made that focus on airflow so that may help with the consistency. Used to have a couple fans rolling in intervals but I haven't noticed any negative effects since I stopped keeping up with battery changes.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 12:35 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by stearns:
yup, vino off, I keep my apartment in the upper 60's year round so I never have any issues with interior temp, but I do keep a digital thermo in there and keep a rough eye on it. I have used it for temp control before but I would get minor rh swings. right now my rh never goes more than +/-1 (according to the two hygros I have in there on the top and bottom shelves). Also had some custom shelves made that focus on airflow so that may help with the consistency. Used to have a couple fans rolling in intervals but I haven't noticed any negative effects since I stopped keeping up with battery changes.
I keep my unit in the garage and winter wont be a problem with this method but the summer would be difficult with themps of up to 100 and the interior of the unit at 80.
I'm experimenting with a timer with the cooling going on and off every 15 min and I get a constant 67
[Reply]
stearns 12:43 PM 08-13-2013
im no expert, but if you're battling exterior temps of 100* I would guess you would need the cooling widget going 24/7. I think the vino cooler thingy turns off once it hits the target and turns back on once you deviate a certain amount (presumably 1* but who knows). Don't know if that's how it works with all of em
[Reply]
.cigardude. 12:49 PM 08-13-2013
Newair
My first wineador but so far so good.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 12:58 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by .cigardude.:
Newair
My first wineador but so far so good.
Please vote?
[Reply]
bobarian 01:27 PM 08-13-2013
I keep my unit in the garage and winter wont be a problem with this method but the summer would be difficult with themps of up to 100 and the interior of the unit at 80.
I'm experimenting with a timer with the cooling going on and off every 15 min and I get a constant 67
No thermoelectric wine cooler will cool to 67 with highs of 100. Peltier units are limited by the ambient temperature. :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 01:53 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by bobarian:
No thermoelectric wine cooler will cool to 67 with highs of 100. Peltier units are limited by the ambient temperature. :-)
Beat me to it.
[Reply]
Malakai 02:37 PM 08-13-2013
Had my Newair for about a year now. No issues yet.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:38 PM 08-13-2013
SO it's your favorite reliable to date? Did you vote yet?
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:55 PM 08-13-2013

You might want to reconsider -- your garage with 100 degree temps is probably not ideal storage for cigars. You would need a 24/7 cooling system and then you need to accommodate the swings in RH that will occur when the cooling unit is running.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up