Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>WC-20SD 20 bottle SPT here!
badbriar 08:32 PM 05-10-2013
Just received my new Sunpentown 20 bottle wine cooler in excellent condition. Packing was good - well padded box inside an insulated outer carton. Shipping was via UPS and the interior was unscathed. Very impressed so far. Size is perfect for the space I have available in my kitchen. Interior dimensions are as follows; 12.75 wide. x. 17.75 high. x. 12.5 deep. (5 racks!!!)
Wire racks are 13.375 wide at front. /. 13.25 wide at rear. x. 11.25 deep.
The channels along the sides for the racks are generous at .5" high.
The cooler came with the door off the pins/guides. Need to be sure to check that the door to body clearance is equal all around before using. Moving pin position at bottom affects door fit at top left the most. When properly adjusted, fit is perfect. Very little plastic odor to deal with. Overall fit & finish is surprisingly good compared to coolers I've seen at the bib box stores.
Now - on to cleaning, getting drawers and beads. Then the real fun begins!
RR:-)
[Reply]
equetefue 08:42 PM 05-10-2013
I call it bullcrap. No pics. Lol
[Reply]
Lockspur 08:44 PM 05-10-2013
:-)
[Reply]
badbriar 10:14 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by equetefue:
I call it bullcrap. No pics. Lol
Edwin dude.. First, bs photos to come! Next - Ned to get some botl together to enjoy a good heater some weekend!
Liga's & La Aroma Mi Amour Reserves rule...:-)
RR
[Reply]
equetefue 12:16 PM 05-11-2013
We need to get together for sure. I meet with fellow member Rhino all the time. It would be nice to have organize a herf for central floridians
[Reply]
badbriar 03:43 PM 05-11-2013
There are a couple of good little ships around Orlando. Also, there's Bull & Bush - they allow cigars and have excellent beers & ales for good prices.
RR
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:54 PM 05-11-2013
We need to get together for sure. I meet with fellow member Rhino all the time. It would be nice to have organize a herf for central floridians
How about at your house Edwin? So we can raid your cabinet? :-) :-)
[Reply]
badbriar 08:11 PM 05-11-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
How about at your house Edwin? So we can raid your cabinet? :-) :-)
+1 to that... Noticed the Ligas, too! Undercrowns for me- have to christen the SPTdor with a box or two! Oh, this is gonna be sooooo much fun. If wife starts to ***** about $$$, I'll threaten to start flying again!:-)
RR
[Reply]
equetefue 08:17 AM 05-12-2013
Lol lol

Looks like i will have to put a lock on the cabinet! Lol

Anyways, let me plan something for us locally and we can skype Mac lol
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:18 AM 05-12-2013
Lol lol

Looks like i will have to put a lock on the cabinet! Lol

Anyways, let me plan something for us locally and we can skype Mac lol
Edwin, how can I get close to that cabinet via Skype? Come on man!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
badbriar 06:06 PM 05-19-2013
On to cleaning the interior of the cooler...
As described by Chris, used dry tray of baking soda inside first. Not much difference after a couple of days. Then, wiped down interior several times with solution of about two spoonfuls of baking soda & a pint of water. No smell at all after an hour of drying. Important note; be sure to go over with clean wet cloth to remove residue left by solution.
Replaced dry baking soda dish...no plastic odor at all after a day. Looks like that issue is resolved.
Spanish cedar trays ordered. Will be cutting extra trays and mounting to whole tray for full shelf fit. Plan to get narrow 4" wide strips to mount to trays for full drawers. Very easy to do with wire shelves to use for width & depth fit. Pix to follow when trays arrive.
RR
[Reply]
badbriar 07:55 AM 05-26-2013
Trays from Cheaphumidors have arrived. Much better quality than I had thought. Don't know how anyone could gripe about these for $10 per tray.
Note to anyone ordering...get a coupon for either a discount or free shipping. My average cost for 7 trays was a few cents over the 10 bucks each.
Packing from Cheaphumidors sucks, but no damage at all, so no big deal.
These trays fit perfectly inside the SPT WC-20SD 20 bottle cooler with about 1/4" space side to side. Depth is only 7.5", so I ordered a couple extras that will cut in half and mount to the back of the other trays. Total depth will be right at 11.25" - exactly the depth of the racks. Eventually, I plan to buy spanish cedar strips to affix to the trays and replace the 5 wire racks.
Will post pix shortly as project proceeds.
RR
[Reply]
equetefue 02:19 PM 05-26-2013
Pics pics
[Reply]
Sadden 03:54 PM 05-26-2013
Pics or GTFO.
[Reply]
badbriar 10:40 PM 05-26-2013
GTFO...yowza!!!
[Reply]
Sadden 10:55 PM 05-26-2013
I can be harsh :-)
Glad you like it brother.
[Reply]
badbriar 07:41 PM 06-30-2013

Finished wineador with trays in place.
[Reply]
badbriar 07:48 PM 06-30-2013

One & a half 7.5 x 12 trays cut & mounted together on poplar rails. From the original 7 trays bought, made 4 of these tray & a halfs. Then made a 5th with the extension from left over poplar strips. Very stout, light and fits well.
[Reply]
badbriar 07:51 PM 06-30-2013

Bought 7 trays from Cheap Humidors for 10 bucks each. Very good, solid quality. Spanish cedar really smells great!
[Reply]
big_jaygee 07:53 PM 06-30-2013
looks good Rob :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up