Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Good Eats>Sushi
detroitpha357 08:01 PM 12-03-2008
Veggie I cant eat fish:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:03 PM 12-03-2008
Love me some sushi. Personally I ask the sushi artists to make whatever they like...My regular guy (Ball) makes 4 or 5 rolls of his best and I will eat they hell out of it. The advantage of it is mostly because they know what is the freshest fish they have for the day and sometimes they will try a new roll/combo they haven't made before and usually taste amazing. Not much I won't eat, pretty much all of it is dynamite :-)
[Reply]
barbourjay 08:07 PM 12-03-2008
man do i love sushi, rolled or traditional it doesn't matter. i don't mind cream cheese on certain rolls. a mexican roll with cream cheese is actually pretty damn good if done properly. thank god i have a place that does both and we eat there once a week. they also serve all types of sake.

charlie is the primary chef. he is awesome and if you sit at the bar you can watch true skill being performed. he can roll a roll like no other. just a fine layer of rice perfectly wrapped. he did a special roll just for me the other night, i called it the rock and roll, had snapper, salmon, crab, shrimp and cucumber all in one and it was excellent.

they do incredible tempura also and have a ton of stuff not on the menu. the place is a hole in the wall but it's won best of tampa bay for many years!

it's called kaiko's. it's in clearwater off mcmullen booth but is by far the best in the area and charlie is just bad ass. if anyone is ever in the area i'll join you for sushi there and we can head to the bar after for a smoke and a beer.
[Reply]
floydpink 08:35 PM 12-03-2008
If you ever go to Corona Cigar in Orlando, Amura is next door and consistently voted top sushi in Orlando. In the summer, I sometimes grab it to go and eat outside Corona.

Their Atomic Bomb roll is my favorite. (weird name for something Japanese...)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:49 AM 12-06-2008
Copious amounts of Sushi was consumed last nite be my and the Sandy Eggo boys. Oh, and yes.... we had Uni :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 10:20 AM 12-06-2008
I love sushi, haven't had one i didn't love yet, altho honestly i don't like the chewy ones like octopus and surf clam as much as the melt in your mouth ones like tuna and hamachi

but still love em all! And sashimi is nice and healthy, pure protein
[Reply]
MadAl 10:24 AM 12-06-2008
Prefer the raw fish as opposed to the cooked (like shrimp), but other than that, I'm game.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:25 AM 12-06-2008
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Copious amounts of Sushi was consumed last nite be my and the Sandy Eggo boys. Oh, and yes.... we had Uni :-)
Attaboy Dustin! Have a great rest of your Cali weekend my man.
[Reply]
bigloo 11:34 AM 12-06-2008
Last night:

Miso
Salad
Plate of Tempura

2 orders Nigiri Sake
1 order Nigiri Toro
1 order Nigiri Muguro
1 order Spicy Tuna
1 order Spicy Sake
1 order Spicy Toro

Not adventurous, but dam good.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:25 AM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Attaboy Dustin! Have a great rest of your Cali weekend my man.
Oh I TOTALLY did. Food, drinks, cigars and friends... it doesn't get better than that!
[Reply]
galaga 11:55 AM 12-08-2008
Oh I TOTALLY did. Food, drinks, cigars and friends... it doesn't get better than that!
Glad to see you made it back Dustin. How ya doing? I ain't recovered yet:-)

T'was fun Bro.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:05 PM 12-08-2008

Awesome; well, I went & picked up some sush from Bristol Farms on Saturday (best market sushi, if you can call it that) for a quick lunch...had a tempura shrimp roll and:

-yellowtail sashimi
-tun sashimi
-albacore sashimi
-salmon sashimi

Pretty damn good, even if it came from the market
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 12:07 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by galaga:
Glad to see you made it back Dustin. How ya doing? I ain't recovered yet:-)

T'was fun Bro.
Well I do have youth on my side, so I'm feeling fine :-) LOL

Thank you so much for everything my friend, the Sushi Casserole was AWESOME!
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:08 PM 12-08-2008
the Sushi Casserole was AWESOME!
Details please, before I hurl.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 12:09 PM 12-08-2008
LOL Rick was making some home-made square sushi for the herf but the rice wouldn't hold together so he put all the ingredients in little casserole dishes. Holy hell it was GREAT!

Not baked LOL
[Reply]
bobarian 12:11 PM 12-08-2008
My favorite! I prefer sashimi to most sushi, less rice=more fish!:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 12:26 PM 12-08-2008
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:28 PM 12-08-2008
LOL Rick was making some home-made square sushi for the herf but the rice wouldn't hold together so he put all the ingredients in little casserole dishes. Holy hell it was GREAT!

Not baked LOL
:-):-):-) awesome, thank you for the clarification and i'm glad you had such a great weekend my man - mrsreindeer & i are heading to AZ in April for a cousin's wedding; i'll keep 'ya posted (i'm sure we'll be hitting the inlaws' place in Sedona at some point!); it'd be great to herf/sushi up
[Reply]
ucla695 01:57 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Awesome; well, I went & picked up some sush from Bristol Farms on Saturday (best market sushi, if you can call it that) for a quick lunch...had a tempura shrimp roll and:

-yellowtail sashimi
-tun sashimi
-albacore sashimi
-salmon sashimi

Pretty damn good, even if it came from the market
:-) I did that yesterday! :-)

I had tuna sashimi, salmon sashimi and a spicy tuna roll. It took care of the craving. :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 02:01 PM 12-08-2008
Gotta do something to make us feel better after Saturday....sheesh. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up