Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Good Eats>The official CA Burger thread
VirtualSmitty 10:40 PM 10-14-2008
The title says it all. Post your favorite burger joints! Here's some of my favorites:

Five Guys Burgers and Fries
Fatburger
In-N-Out Burger
Burkey's Grill in South Carolina
Steak n Shake
Houlihans makes a pretty good burger
Whitecastle

There's more, but I need to hit the sack.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 11:31 PM 10-14-2008
carls jr
sonoma cheese factory
in-n-out
and because they are open 24/7
jack in the box
[Reply]
rrplasencia 11:46 PM 10-14-2008
keg south (tamiami airport) traditional burger
commanders palace: for the foie gras black truffle burger
atrio: for the kobe burger on cilantro brioche bun (i was the chef there)
[Reply]
JKim 11:51 PM 10-14-2008
Man when I first read the title, I thought it was CA - California and I wouldn't get to play, then it dawned on me..

5-guys - burger of choice - bacon, fresh cut jalapenos, grilled onions, A-1 steak sauce. Need I say more?

Stake and Shake is a close second, then Wendy's.

But then are times when I gotta have a Big-Mac or some Krystals. now I'm hungry.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:55 PM 10-14-2008
Hands down, it's a little local joint with three locations in Bham only. Called Hamburger Heaven. Worth trying if you get down this way.
[Reply]
BengalMan 07:19 AM 10-15-2008
5 Guys is definitely one of the best burger joints around. Here is my go to:

Bacon, jalapenos, grilled onions, lettuce, cheese, bbq sauce.

Very similar to JKim's but with BBQ instead of A-1.
[Reply]
BarneyBandMan 07:27 AM 10-15-2008
Tart's Grill---A very small, of the beaten path joint run by an older lady named Betty. Best Carolina burger (mustard, onions, chilli and slaw) in this area.

Also like the Tastee Freeze burgers, but I think the last one in North Carolina closed down recently.:-)

Hardees (Carl's) gets my vote for the classic lettuce and tomato burger, though. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:32 AM 10-15-2008
Still don't think I can find something better than an In-N-Out Double Double, no onions ofcourse.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:39 AM 10-15-2008
I prefer my burgers Med-Rare, so that cuts out many joints from having a decent, edible burger. Damn Food Police. My favorite joint? Mine. :-) Nothing like a half pounder, done right on the grill with anything from a Sesame Kaiser, to some great ciabatta for a roll, good cheese, anything from Blue to co-jack, thick cut bacon, or one of a hundred different toppings. The drinks are always cold, the company is great, and you can go directly to the cigar lounge after dining, if it strikes the fancy.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 08:00 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by replicant:
I prefer my burgers Med-Rare, so that cuts out many joints from having a decent, edible burger. Damn Food Police. My favorite joint? Mine. :-) Nothing like a half pounder, done right on the grill with anything from a Sesame Kaiser, to some great ciabatta for a roll, good cheese, anything from Blue to co-jack, thick cut bacon, or one of a hundred different toppings. The drinks are always cold, the company is great, and you can go directly to the cigar lounge after dining, if it strikes the fancy.
Man that sounds great right about now.

As far as Burger joints go I like In-and-out and Red Robin. I&O cuz it is fast and tastes good. RR cuz burgers are good and you can have a beer when the kids can have a shake.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:25 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by JKim:
Man when I first read the title, I thought it was CA - California and I wouldn't get to play, then it dawned on me..

5-guys - burger of choice - bacon, fresh cut jalapenos, grilled onions, A-1 steak sauce. Need I say more?

Stake and Shake is a close second, then Wendy's.

But then are times when I gotta have a Big-Mac or some Krystals. now I'm hungry.
I forgot about Krystals! Just like WhiteCastle, just without the unhappy ending. One of these days i'm gonna insist raisin make burgers, will probably be the best in Jersey lol.
[Reply]
Spect 08:46 AM 10-15-2008
What about Fuddruckers, that place is awesome!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:49 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by Spect:
I honestly haven't been to one since I was a kid. I don't remember what their burgers are like.
[Reply]
BengalMan 08:57 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by Spect:
OOH! Good call. Fuddruckers does have some serious burgers. However, I still gotta go with the Five Guys double bacon cheeseburger.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:00 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
OOH! Good call. Fuddruckers does have some serious burgers. However, I still gotta go with the Five Guys double bacon cheeseburger.
I'll have to hit up a fuddruckers for lunch one of these days. Five Guys is awesome, I agree, but In-N-Out is amazing. The first thing I do when I fly out to the left coast is hit up the nearest stand! :-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 09:17 AM 10-15-2008
In-N-Out Burger
Five Guys, the burgers are overcooked but the french fries are worth it.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 09:18 AM 10-15-2008
Five guys is good, and has four midlands locations!!! You fly, I'll buy!!!

However, In-N-Out is best... I'll take mine "with".

I dream In-N-Out!
[Reply]
vicvitola 09:25 AM 10-15-2008
Cheeburger Cheeburger
5 Guys Burgers and Fries
Fudruckers
Nifty Fiftys
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:48 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa:
I dream In-N-Out!
So do I. Double double monster style :-)
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 11:11 AM 10-15-2008
This is a local establishment, but anyone who comes to SC is more than welcome to join me anytime! Rockaway Burger..Maybe some of the SC guys can weigh some thought!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up