Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>How long do your batteries last...
Roland of Gilead 01:14 PM 01-24-2010
...in your Oust Fans?

-Mark.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:15 PM 01-24-2010
A short enough time that I sh*tcanned all of mine long ago.
[Reply]
captain53 01:19 PM 01-24-2010
about 3 months +/- using duracells
[Reply]
markem 01:26 PM 01-24-2010
I use duracells and get about 6 months. I put an electrically powered laptop fan pad on the bottom of one but it doesn't seem to help a lot. Mind you, I don't think that something as small as my vinotemps or coolers can have a huge swing across the unit unless I am constantly opening and closing them, which I don't do.
[Reply]
Roland of Gilead 02:38 PM 01-24-2010
I guess I'll just replace it about every 3 or 4 months and call it good. I don't have a large coolador, but I don't like the idea of the air being static all the time. I don't know why.

-Mark.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:40 PM 01-24-2010
Why would you need a fan in a cooler? Whether the air is static or moving, it's still the same air. I have never understood the purpose of using a fan except maybe in very large cabinets.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:43 PM 01-24-2010
Not very. I've found that removing the grill from the fans makes them very temperamental to boot. So, even tho I have some in many of my coolerdors, I'm guessing most of them don't work.

Indeed, might not even really be needed.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:11 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
^^^^ 'xactly!!!!
[Reply]
Jfire 06:17 PM 01-24-2010
I put a piece of tape on the bottom and date. Right around 3 months always.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 11:51 AM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Me too.

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Why would you need a fan in a cooler? Whether the air is static or moving, it's still the same air. I have never understood the purpose of using a fan except maybe in very large cabinets.
My thoughts also.

Originally Posted by hotreds:
Not very. I've found that removing the grill from the fans makes them very temperamental to boot. So, even tho I have some in many of my coolerdors, I'm guessing most of them don't work.

Indeed, might not even really be needed.
My experiance is that they are a waste of space and not needed in Humi's, coolidors, vino's & small (endtable) cabinets imho.:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:13 PM 01-25-2010
I use fans in my two coolidors because I figure with all of the shelves and everything I have in there that am limiting the airflow. While the humidity is supposed to be even throughout, I worry about it being uneven -- just like in any given space, small or large. So I use three small (~1.5") computer fans. I have not had any problems with the fans, and while I may not really need them, they do give me some peace-of-mind and were not difficult to hook up.
[Reply]
G G 12:15 PM 01-25-2010
I quit worrying about it in my vino. I have two in there but the batteries are dead, so i should prolly take em out.
[Reply]
bobarian 12:45 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I quit worrying about it in my vino. I have two in there but the batteries are dead, so i should prolly take em out.
:-) Took me a while to figure out that cigars are stress relievers and should not be stress inducers.

Rh? As long as I am in the ballpark 55-65% and things are smoking good then I am happy.

Temp? Who cares, as long as there aren't holes in my sticks.

Air circulation? Air is Air

Relax, have a smoke. :-)
[Reply]
G G 12:46 PM 01-25-2010
xactly bobarian.:-)
[Reply]
eber 12:58 PM 01-25-2010
i have three in my vino but I have forgotten about them for long stretches thus letting the batteries die and I didnt notice any difference in RH. once I run out of my stash of D cells they will probably not be used any more.
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:02 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
+1. I have 3 coolers and I don't see the need for a fan.
[Reply]
longknocker 01:09 PM 01-25-2010
No Fans In My 3 Large Coolidors & Smokes Are Perfect With Shilala's 65 RH Beads!:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 01:11 PM 01-25-2010
Mine last 3 or 4 months.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:48 PM 01-25-2010
I am lucky to get 3 months with my Duracells.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 06:09 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-) Took me a while to figure out that cigars are stress relievers and should not be stress inducers.

Rh? As long as I am in the ballpark 55-65% and things are smoking good then I am happy.

Temp? Who cares, as long as there aren't holes in my sticks.

Air circulation? Air is Air

Relax, have a smoke. :-)
Best Answer Winner!:-)
Amen Bob!!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up