Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Weatherstrip for igloo
Lockspur 07:50 PM 08-12-2013
One of my 152qt Igloos is definitely not airtight. I'm having to recharge my beads once a week.

What weatherstrip is recommended? And best place to install it?
[Reply]
T.G 08:55 PM 08-12-2013
The basic foam stuff is fine. Mount on the horizontal flat surface edge between the cooler body and the lid.

Not sure what type of hinges the 152qt Igloo has, but that could be another source of leaks and might need a different method to seal.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:03 PM 08-13-2013
The next time you're at you yoga class, see if they have any spare scraps of yoga mat lying about . . . preferably new stuff, i.e. not sweated all over.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:23 PM 08-13-2013
Never heard of an Igloo cooler not sealing. Why not give Igloo a call? :-)

"Consumers: If your Igloo product fails due to defects in material or workmanship, and falls within the guidelines of the Warranty Policy below, you may submit a claim by calling 800-364-5566"
[Reply]
Lockspur 02:33 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Never heard of an Igloo cooler not sealing. Why not give Igloo a call? :-)

"Consumers: If your Igloo product fails due to defects in material or workmanship, and falls within the guidelines of the Warranty Policy below, you may submit a claim by calling 800-364-5566"
Called the number, and the lady said their coolers are not designed to be airtight...therefore...not under any kind of warranty. Thanks for the info, tho. Didn't hurt to ask.
[Reply]
czerbe 02:56 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
Called the number, and the lady said their coolers are not designed to be airtight...therefore...not under any kind of warranty. Thanks for the info, tho. Didn't hurt to ask.
did you ask really really nice? :-):-)
[Reply]
Lockspur 03:08 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by czerbe:
did you ask really really nice? :-):-)
Yup. Even did the, "yes, ma'am; no ma'am." bit. She almost sounded offended that I was inquiring as to whether their boxes were airtight.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:49 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
The basic foam stuff is fine. Mount on the horizontal flat surface edge between the cooler body and the lid.
Used this stuff to seal the door of my cheap Aristocrat knockoff end table humidor, cost a few bucks for a roll of it and it works just fine.
[Reply]
Bleez 07:12 PM 08-18-2013
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
Yup. Even did the, "yes, ma'am; no ma'am." bit. She almost sounded offended that I was inquiring as to whether their boxes were airtight.
Maybe she thought you were asking if her box was airtight?
[Reply]
Up