Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Input on Habitat Monitor Humidification?
Firemedic 11:21 AM 05-09-2013
Any one have experience with the Habitat Monitor for humidification?
[Reply]
Sadden 11:45 AM 05-09-2013
A semi local BOTL i know got one. I should ask him.how he likes it.
[Reply]
T.G 12:10 PM 05-09-2013
New or old?

I have the old one. Looks like this:
If that's the one you are talking about, there are some gotchas I can fill you in on.
[Reply]
Firemedic 04:47 PM 05-09-2013
New, It looks like a regular humidifier pad (honeycomb) type like in a room humidifier. Wouldn't that gather bacteria more than the green floral type?
[Reply]
T.G 05:38 PM 05-09-2013
Do you mean the wick inside the tank?

Bacteria is everywhere in the air, worrying about if it lands on the expanded wicks more than it does on the floral foam as found in humidifiers like Hydras and Cigar Oasis units is kind of pointless. Wicks have to be changed periodically, as does the floral foam in those other units, it's just a fact of life. You can extend the length of time between changes by keeping things clean and using distilled water.

A number of high end humidification systems have been successfully using tanks with wicks for decades. Habitat Monitor, Bob Stabell's (Aristocrat humidors) Set-and-Forget, Avallo Accumonitor, to name a few.

I was speaking of what generation control head with the photo, the new tanks and wicks are no different from the old tanks aside from the clear lids so you can see the water level.
[Reply]
Firemedic 06:06 PM 05-09-2013
That most recent photo is the control head that they are stating comes with the unit.
[Reply]
T.G 06:30 PM 05-09-2013
Good units AFAIK.T he previous design, which I have, is a good unit and supposedly the flaws from it had been addressed in the newer designs.

Be careful if you move the tank around when it's full, the water can slosh out of the slots
[Reply]
Up