Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Walmart clearance super find!!!
Hippi3Slay3r 01:44 AM 04-30-2013
http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;...rator/14504360
These are showing up on clearance in my local Walmart for $5.00 , So far it works great in my coolidor I even used some extra beads I had in the back of the unit were the carbon filter goes. Has anyone else ever used these?
[Reply]
mahtofire14 04:21 AM 04-30-2013
Haven't ever used one, but I think that is pretty cool! How is it working for you? What type of batteries?
[Reply]
irratebass 04:29 AM 04-30-2013
Thanks for the info Kyle!
[Reply]
363 05:20 AM 04-30-2013
Pretty interesting
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 07:05 AM 04-30-2013
It uses 2 x D batteries, seems like a lot but I don't mind spending the cash if it keeps my collection evenly humidified. Another note it runs 100% of the time it does not cycle and the output is good better then the airfreshiner I used before. I hope it lasts ill keep an update on performance long term :-) hope this answers your questions.

~Kyle
[Reply]
hotreds 08:04 AM 04-30-2013
In what section are you finding these?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:10 AM 04-30-2013
What is the run time on 2 D's? It would seem problematic due to the cost of replacing batteries.
[Reply]
irratebass 09:06 AM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by Hippi3Slay3r:
It uses 2 x D batteries, seems like a lot but I don't mind spending the cash if it keeps my collection evenly humidified. Another note it runs 100% of the time it does not cycle and the output is good better then the airfreshiner I used before. I hope it lasts ill keep an update on performance long term :-) hope this answers your questions.

~Kyle
It doesn't shut off? :-) yeah keep me informed on this please.
[Reply]
Lockspur 09:35 AM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
What is the run time on 2 D's? It would seem problematic due to the cost of replacing batteries.
Get a 4-pack of rechargeables and a wall charger. Problem solved.
[Reply]
irratebass 12:21 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
:-) Very nice!
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:50 PM 04-30-2013
by the time you are done with that cost and headache, it might be easier to get a small electric fan with a thin power cord and just run that. Problem.... streamlined.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 02:06 PM 04-30-2013
to clarify...
by the time you are done with that cost and headache, it might be easier to get a small electric fan (brushless computer case fan) with a thin power cord (12 v wall wart) and just run that. Problem.... streamlined.
[Reply]
Lockspur 03:00 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
to clarify...
by the time you are done with that cost and headache, it might be easier to get a small electric fan (brushless computer case fan) with a thin power cord (12 v wall wart) and just run that. Problem.... streamlined.
True. But not having cords dangling out of your junk...PRICELESS! :-) :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 03:41 PM 04-30-2013
True. But not having cords dangling out of your junk...PRICELESS! :-) :-)
Quite easy to run the wires out the drain if you find fans necessary.

I havent used fans in either of my Vinotemps in over 3 years, nor are they plugged in. Heartfelt beads take care of my cigars with no issues. I spritz the doors one or two times every week or so, this keeps my cigars smoking just fine. Dont know the actual Rh(beads are 65%) as the hygrometers' batteries ran down long ago. :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 08:41 PM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Dont know the actual Rh(beads are 65%) as the hygrometers' batteries ran down long ago. :-)
I tossed mine outta my wineador. Never putting that pesky thing back in.

Every time you see it at 63 or 62, gets me all worked up wondering what's wrong, when in reality it's just me opening the damn thing too much.

My heartfelt beads work, and they work well, that's good enough for me. :-)
[Reply]
Up