Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Storing cigars in a Wineador?
Lockspur 02:59 PM 03-27-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I didn't kill those women. :-)
Right. Twas the Cubans. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:01 PM 03-27-2013
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
Right. Twas the Cubans. :-)
Stupid sexy Cubans.
[Reply]
Lockspur 03:07 PM 03-27-2013
Felt like they were wearing nothin' at all! (echos) nothin' at all....nothin' at all....
[Reply]
T.G 03:18 PM 03-27-2013
I'm rather amused by the irony of someone who berates a wineador, yet keeps his cigars in a refrigerator.

Originally Posted by turd ferguson:
I only pack second rate tobacco in it. My traditional humis are for my creme de la creme brands and ready to smoke picks. I rotate my aging varieties from cooler, fridge and tupperware and other non wooden units into my finely built wooden containers for smoking them during the next few weeks/months ahead. I find that wineadores are mostly eye candy and not really suitable for everyday cigar storage. I rarely smoke a stick out from any of those units. They just don't bring out the flavor I expect from a nicely prepared smoke.

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:27 PM 03-27-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
I'm rather amused by the irony of someone who berates a wineador, yet keeps his cigars in a refrigerator.
but he has "finely build wooden containers" :-)

outta ...

[Reply]
pnoon 06:41 PM 03-27-2013
Got wood?

Oh, wait. . . .
:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:44 AM 03-28-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
No.

Whoever told you this, while certainly entitled to his opinion as to what he prefers, has no clue as to the suitability of a wineador as storage. Remo is spot on - sounds just like something/someone from Cigar Aficionado.

Also, his comment about "second rate tobacco" leads me to believe he believes himself to be an authority on what constitutes first rate tobacco. I don't claim to be anywhere near an expert but I can guarantee you my opinions are different than his.

Maybe you've stumbled upon the author of the "Rule of Threes" :-)
Did I hear rule of threes? Time for my signature quote.:-)

I don't keep my creme de la creme cigars as they usually go fast.
The "second rate" tobacco has its own storage indeed. In the lake behind my house where they are tossed if they suck.

I like to remind folks that most of his life in Cuba, my dad kept his cigars in an unsealed night table, with a sea sponge in a ramekin, and life was just dandy. Heck if they knew what a humidor was.

Store them any way you want as long as they don't get soaked or dry.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:45 AM 03-28-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Stupid sexy Cubans.
You rang?:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up