Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Whoops ... watch that first step
AdamJoshua 02:59 PM 03-15-2013
So I went ahead and bought a Lauderdale, I know it's a bit smaller than some of the other end table types but I only want it to hold boxes, and it ended up being around $320 including shipping... kind of hard to pass up on .. well for a jew like me :-)

I read a ton of reviews etc., and being undersized was the only real issue for most people, also seeing how I live in San Diego heat and temp swings shouldn't be a problem and I use central air in the summer when it get's "hot" out, I already have the winador so between the two I should be fine ... you know for the next month or so. :-)

Just curious what Hydra would ya'all recommend for this?

[Reply]
joeobx 03:26 PM 03-15-2013
I have the Montegue which is similar and I use beads from Heartfelt.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 03:27 PM 03-15-2013
Adam I think your rolling down that slop now brother!!! :-) :-) that's a nice looking piece of furniture: tu
[Reply]
icehog3 03:44 PM 03-15-2013
Yup, I had two as well, Adam, and used Heartfelt beads.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:54 PM 03-15-2013
oops i meant to put "or just get a couple pounds of beads."
[Reply]
Sadden 06:22 PM 03-15-2013
www.aristocrathumidors.com

Bobs set and forget is unbeatable. If your planning on having the piece for awhile. And even if your not you can always move the S&F to whatever humidor you upgrade to.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:27 PM 03-15-2013
The extra money makes for a lot of sticks, trust me I know and have heard and seen all, but at this point a coolidor made the most sense, I just saw this box and it was pretty cheap so I jumped on it.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:27 PM 03-15-2013
Went ahead and ordered 1 1/2 pounds of the 65% RH beads from Dave, and bought some thin weather stripping to line the door seal (from what I read this is recommended).
[Reply]
Lockspur 07:46 PM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
The extra money makes for a lot of sticks, trust me I know and have heard and seen all, but at this point a coolidor made the most sense, I just saw this box and it was pretty cheap so I jumped on it.
Nice grab. Keep us posted on your experience. :-)
[Reply]
joeobx 07:49 PM 03-15-2013
It's a nice looking box Adam. My wife even liked mine enough that it resides in the family room. I went with 2 pounds in mine. Still have to keep up on it in the winter when the heat is running.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:52 PM 03-15-2013
i have 2 lbs of the 70% in the winador, i'm thinking about actually switching them around, going with the 70% in this for box storage and putting the 65s in the wina- for the sticks and such.
[Reply]
Up