Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>cooler?
rebelknight 08:53 PM 11-11-2011
My humidor reached capacity today. Unfortunately I had to spend some money for it to hit that point but as soon as I have the necessary funds I think it might be time for a cooler. I do know I won't be buying cigars for a little while for the same reason as not buying a cooler right away but as soon as its time for more cigars I'm going to need a bigger storage unit. Thanks to the asylum I have officially gone down that slope or even just jumped off the edge as I hear you guys say so much. Something about buying more cigars that just feels so good. I can't help it.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:57 PM 11-11-2011
[Reply]
Drez 09:02 PM 11-11-2011
pretty soon you will need multiple coolers.........
[Reply]
Mutombo 09:48 AM 11-12-2011
Sears sells a 48qt Coleman cooler for $20. Highly recommended, I'm already on my 2nd, and looking like I'll need another very soon!
[Reply]
Mutombo 09:49 AM 11-12-2011
Forgot to link.

HERE you go.
[Reply]
Partially Deaf 02:56 PM 11-12-2011
I am close to filling my cooler.... it is a sad day when you have several thousands of dollars spent on cigars in just a 6 month period.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 03:19 PM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by Partially Deaf:
I am close to filling my cooler.... it is a sad day when you have several thousands of dollars spent on cigars in just a 6 month period.
Sounds like good times to me.
:-):-)
[Reply]
MrClean 06:37 PM 11-13-2011
Walmart . com, search for Coleman Marine cooler it had slots in it and there are several resources for ordering cedar shelves/drawers for them. I think they are $80 and a lot of people here use them and are very happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
GolfNut 07:17 PM 11-13-2011
Originally Posted by MrClean:
Walmart . com, search for Coleman Marine cooler it had slots in it and there are several resources for ordering cedar shelves/drawers for them. I think they are $80 and a lot of people here use them and are very happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep, and you can use them just as they are, or tweak em out a bit like here:
[Reply]
bobarian 07:22 PM 11-13-2011
I prefer the smaller 48-60qt coolers. WalMart has the 48qt Igloo Marine for $22.99. They are easier to move around, stackable and fit in a closet. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:38 PM 11-13-2011
As Bob mentioned and even up to a 70qt. Just make sure the lid seals properly to retain humidity...

[Reply]
ktblunden 07:28 AM 11-14-2011
I've got a 70 quart that is stuffed to the point where my overflow is in a tupperware. It might be about time to invest in a second cooler.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:36 AM 11-14-2011
I have a 48qt but I kinda wish it was a little bigger, it Can't fit three boxes across.
I can only fit two boxes side by side with a bunch of hard to use space around them.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:52 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
I've got a 70 quart that is stuffed to the point where my overflow is in a tupperware. It might be about time to invest in a second cooler.
...:-)
[Reply]
Taki 07:09 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
Taking the Cooler to a whole new level!! Very Sweet!! :-)
I myself am in the market for a cooler, filled my humi to the brim the other week!
[Reply]
rebelknight 09:08 PM 04-06-2013
I finished my cooler a while back but have had trouble uploading the pics. Until I become more computer literate you will just have to deal with a description. I decided to sacrifice size so I could add a couple cool original twists to my cooler. It's a 40 quart igloo cooler. Now for the fun part... The cooler has built in speakers with an audio jack for my ipod/phone, cupholders, pockets to carry my lighters/cutters/etc and it's been adorned with stickers and patches to make it a bit more fun. Can't wait for some nicer weatherso I can start enjoying cigars more frequently again with my boombox or err humidor
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:22 PM 04-06-2013
Sounds very cool John!
[Reply]
Gabe215 09:46 PM 04-06-2013
I started with a 25 count desktop, 3 months later my gf got me a second humidor for Christmas like I asked for a bigger one, she got me tall stand up display humidor with 3 shelves that I fit 140 sticks, 6 months later a 100 count desktop humidor, 5 months later I have a cooler that's 80% full. All are stocked with PREMIUM sticks (lots of Liga, tats, Lots of Anejos, and tons of contraband) I remember like it was yesterday having my original 25 count desktop with 3 sticks in saying how am I ever going to fill this thing- yea... Have fun and happy cigar hunting
[Reply]
ColdCuts 10:14 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
That's the Coleman Marine Cooler, yes? How many quarts is that puppy? And, do the smaller 48-60qt Coleman coolers have slots that'll accommodate shelves, or just that huge mother scratcher?

I thought there was a step-by-step tread on how to build these out, but I'm not finding it. I imagine there is one make and size of cooler that is the favorite.
[Reply]
zmancbr 08:55 AM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by ColdCuts:
That's the Coleman Marine Cooler, yes? How many quarts is that puppy? And, do the smaller 48-60qt Coleman coolers have slots that'll accommodate shelves, or just that huge mother scratcher?

I thought there was a step-by-step tread on how to build these out, but I'm not finding it. I imagine there is one make and size of cooler that is the favorite.
That one looks like a 150-165 qt to me. I have a similar one that I am currently using for overflow till I finish my armoire cabinet retrofit. Here is a link to the Igloo one I am using:
Link to Walmart
[Reply]
Up