Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>:eevis' dry rub..........YUMMMMMM!!!!
Scottw 06:49 PM 11-10-2008
Well, I got bombed by my good buddy and BBQ aficionado :eevis the other day. In it, he included a Mason Jar of his dry rub. This stuff smells great, good pepper (cayenne, black pepper) and some cumin I think as well as other goodies. As requested in my "self recycling" mission letter, I have used the rub successfully and will share some pics.

The rub coated some beautiful sirloin steaks from Omaha Steaks as well as some spicy home fries I made as a side. Downed it with a glass of red wine t boot.

The steaks were tender and grilled perfectly I might say. The rub was applied the night before and really penetrated the meat and created a slight crust on the outside which locked in all it's juicy splendor! What a great Sunday meal before the Giants game.

:eevis, you are a good pal and I am appreciative of you and the thoughtfulness of the bomb and the great flavor of this rub.
Attached: dryrub1.jpg (94.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Mugen910 06:57 PM 11-10-2008
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
ucla695 07:05 PM 11-10-2008
That sounds delicious!!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
jquirit 07:12 PM 11-10-2008
Those steaks look delish! Strangely I've never though of rubbing a steak before grilling it. Next time I'm doing steaks I'll have to try it.

:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 07:14 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by jquirit:
Those steaks look delish! Strangely I've never though of rubbing a steak before grilling it. Next time I'm doing steaks I'll have to try it.

Put the dry rub on the day before and let it sit. When I do my ribs, I do rub and let 'em sit for 48 hours prior to cooking. Good stuff.
[Reply]
Darrell 07:29 PM 11-10-2008
Those look to be around med rare right? IMO anything over med rare ruins a good piece of meat.
[Reply]
Scottw 07:31 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Those look to be around med rare right? IMO anything over med rare ruins a good piece of meat.
Always medium unless my brother is over, he likes em black and blue. I cannot stand overdone food.
[Reply]
Darrell 07:32 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Always medium unless my brother is over, he likes em black and blue. I cannot stand overdone food.
Medium is overdone. :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 07:36 PM 11-10-2008
Medium is overdone. :-)
Sorry, meant med. rare, not med well. Still slightly pink and a lot of juice (did I just type that?)
[Reply]
Darrell 07:38 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Sorry, meant med. rare, not med well. Still slightly pink and a lot of juice (did I just type that?)
OK med rare is acceptable, med is not. :-)

Yeah, you typed that. :-)
[Reply]
:eevis 06:50 AM 11-11-2008
Glad you enjoyed the rub Scott! Makes me happy to know that others like it too :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 06:55 AM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by jquirit:

Yum! :-):-):-):-):-) Don't forget to tug the steak too! :-)

Agreed; nice job on cookin' those up Scott...and excellent hit :eevis. I like 'em RARE myself but I wouldn't have a problem gobbling down your Medium Rare steak; I'll be right over. :-)
[Reply]
Up