Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Mac N' Cheese
livwire68 04:14 PM 11-06-2008
Just made a batch of mac n' cheese (5 cheeses, heavy cream some other goodies) served with some spiral sliced ham, taboo twist and some pinot noir:-) OK the wine does not quite go but I had been drinking throught the day, so I just had more. Does anyone else make some killer mac n' cheese?
[Reply]
CigarDood 04:57 PM 11-06-2008
Nice. Mac' n' cheese is awesome with stewed tomatoes.
[Reply]
bazookajoe 05:04 PM 11-06-2008
I always cook a few extra Evergood Lousiana Hot Link sausages when I'm grilling so I'll have some to chop up and put in mac' n' cheese'.:-)
[Reply]
nozero 05:07 PM 11-06-2008
My wife makes the best Mac N' Cheese I've ever had, but she won't make it anymore cuz we're trying to drop some weight...
:-)
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 05:19 PM 11-06-2008
I grew up on "Arnold" Mac and Cheese.

When my mom grew up her family was pretty poor, and spagetthi was a lot cheaper then anything else.

My grand ma use to make it like that and I grew up doing it myself.

I love mac and Cheese. Be it any kind, from krap *eerr Kraft* to home made.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:21 PM 11-06-2008
I like the cheap mac and cheese you buy at the store.
[Reply]
markem 06:23 PM 11-06-2008
One of the Stumptown regulars, jquirit, is known to order mac-n-cheese with bacon bits at the herfs. Looks good.
[Reply]
taltos 08:36 PM 11-06-2008
I am one of those luddites who loves the Kraft mac 'n cheese with some tomato sauce, hamburg and onions added. I have made my own but I prefer the stuff in the box.
[Reply]
CrazyKayaker 09:03 AM 11-07-2008
Yeah, I make a mean homemade Mac N' Cheese. Start with a roux (2tbsp butter, 3tbsp flour), slowly pour in 4 cups of milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Then add a bit of nutmeg, pepper, and paprika. Dump it over the macaroni, stir in 4 cups of sharp cheddar, 1 cup of parm, mix well, put some more cheddar then buttered bread cubes on top, bake, yum. (my wife doesn't eat meat, otherwise I'd add some diced ham).
[Reply]
Gophernut 09:05 AM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by CrazyKayaker:
Yeah, I make a mean homemade Mac N' Cheese. Start with a roux (2tbsp butter, 3tbsp flour), slowly pour in 4 cups of milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Then add a bit of nutmeg, pepper, and paprika. Dump it over the macaroni, stir in 4 cups of sharp cheddar, 1 cup of parm, mix well, put some more cheddar then buttered bread cubes on top, bake, yum. (my wife doesn't eat meat, otherwise I'd add some diced ham).
Sounds really good. How much macaroni do you use for this?
[Reply]
BengalMan 01:11 PM 11-07-2008
My wife makes an amazing homemade mac n cheese, now that you mention it, I may request this for Sunday's dinner. lol.
[Reply]
gnukfu 07:21 PM 11-07-2008
Lisa made some Mac and Cheese last week with ham and broccoli in it...absolutely delicious!
[Reply]
CrazyKayaker 03:15 PM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
Sounds really good. How much macaroni do you use for this?
Sorry for the delayed response. I use a full box of the Barilla Elbows (1lb uncooked)...so it makes a lot. After it's all mixed together, I put it all in an oval baking dish that just barely holds it all, bake at 350f uncovered for 30-35 mins.
[Reply]
jquirit 11:11 AM 11-18-2008
Made a batch of 4-cheese mac-and-cheese with bacon last night. Cooked down a pound of bacon, removed and set aside, and used the left-over drippings to form the basis for a roux. Built up a sauce using milk and adding extra sharp cheddar, swiss, parmesan, and a bit of blue cheese. Added a box-half of cooked elbows, combine with cheese sauce and cooked bacon.

Yummy!
[Reply]
Rock Star 11:45 AM 11-18-2008
Had THE best the other night..Took the wife out for dinner for our Anniversary and for a side dish we had Blue Crab Mac N' Cheese..
[Reply]
Up