Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Shilala's Perfect Frigidaire Wine Fridge How To
G G 02:46 PM 03-20-2015
Did you call me Gary? :-)

I am slow when it comes to doing stuff like this I admit, but Shilala did say something earlier that is true. He said I was dumb stubborn like him. That's actually pretty apt, I will stay with it til it turns out like it needs to cause I aint got sense enough not to. LOL
[Reply]
G G 11:47 AM 03-22-2015
Just to add to the problem of getting the temp set right.

I know Shilala says it will be easier to get it right once I get the drawers and all the stuff in the humi. I have tried to get the temp down by tweaking the knob. The problem is when I turn it from off to on there is an audible and you can feel the click and hear the compressor come on. When it's just turned enough to get the click the temp will settle at around 44 to 48 degrees, then when I try to just turn it a little as Shilala suggested, it goes off and there is no discernable click so then when I see the temp get up to over 60 then I turn it back on and it starts all over. I can't get it to go over 50 when it's on so far.
[Reply]
shilala 03:55 PM 03-22-2015
I just figured out why you can't get it to work, Stashu. :-)
You're turning it the wrong direction.
The lowest setting is farthest from off. You want to turn the knob at least halfway in that direction, then on the way back to off, where the knob gets real stiff before it boings off, that's where the delicate high settings are.

You and I have put so many words into this that I have to go make a video for ya, even though I know you'll understand exactly what I mean.
It's something everybody will need to understand and a little video will make it real obvious.

One other thing...
You can use those plastic zip-strap anchors and zip-ties to hold your wiring running down the back and get rid of the black tape holding your wires down.
That's actually what they're for. Assuming you have some more?
[Reply]
G G 04:42 PM 03-22-2015
Okay let's see if I can make sense of this problem. Here are two pics of the setting knob:

In the first one it is off. In that setting you can only turn it counter clockwise to Cold, then normal, then colder. I thought that cold is the lowest, then normal is a little colder, then colder being the coldest setting.

In the next one it is on cold obviously. When I try to turn it back towards off just the tiniest bit it goes off. And when it's off you can't turn it clockwise to colder, you have to go counter clockwise past cold and normal to get to it.

[Reply]
G G 04:50 PM 03-22-2015
I have turned if off. Then following your directions have turned it halfway (Normal) and will adjust it back toward cold a little at a time.
[Reply]
G G 05:01 PM 03-22-2015
I said it wrong above. Off, then cold, then normal, then colder. With cold being the warmest setting. Here is a pic from the users manual:

[Reply]
shilala 11:53 AM 03-23-2015
I'm looking forward to see what happens now, Greg.

No sense in the video now that we know you have a different control.
If worse comes to worst, we can always add a controller. We still need to see what you can do and get it all put together and filled, first.
[Reply]
G G 01:25 PM 03-23-2015
Yeah, I'm hoping that all those scientific things you said is the problem cause walking it down little by little didn't help. If it's on no matter where I put it it's around 42 to 44 degrees. It's mostly empty though so I'm still hoping once I get my drawers and shelf in it and put the few boxes I had back in it it will help.
[Reply]
shilala 01:39 PM 03-23-2015
It may start that cold, but not maintain that temp once we fill her up.
Fridges do goofy things when they're just chilling air. Screws up the radiation of heat from near surfaces to your tstat.
Let's see what happens. I think Adam has a real cheap source for a Johnson control if necessary.
[Reply]
G G 01:49 PM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
It may start that cold, but not maintain that temp once we fill her up.
Fridges do goofy things when they're just chilling air. Screws up the radiation of heat from near surfaces to your tstat.
Let's see what happens. I think Adam has a real cheap source for a Johnson control if necessary.
Good to know Scott.:-)
[Reply]
G G 04:16 PM 03-23-2015
I don't expect to have no beetle problem. LOL
[Reply]
G G 12:09 PM 03-27-2015
So I am on duty for 24 hours until 8 AM in the morning but the pound or two of beads are in. I will have about 3.5 pounds of HCM beads when I get them in the humi. I called the dude that has my drawers and left a message but he hasn't returned my calls. That may be a problem, I mean he didn't sell em or nothing like that just seems like he must not be in a hurry to get them done since he has had them two weeks.
[Reply]
shilala 12:14 PM 03-27-2015
Two weeks is nothing, Greg. It takes me 6-8 weeks just to tired of something being in my way, then another year or two till I actually get it done.
The wheels of the woodshop grind slowly.
[Reply]
shilala 12:15 PM 03-27-2015
If it makes you feel better, I break stuff and cut myself a lot. :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 12:17 PM 03-27-2015
Nice project
[Reply]
stearns 01:23 PM 03-27-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
It takes me 6-8 weeks just to tired of something being in my way, then another year or two till I actually get it done.
The wheels of the woodshop grind slowly.
I can attest :-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:19 PM 03-27-2015
See? Ben knows what he's talking about. :-)
Benster, I did invent/made a whole gob of new hold-downs just so I could try to get the umpteenth modification of your cribbage board done.
So, If I ever do get back in the woodshop, there's a remote chance I could get it finished in this decade. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 02:21 PM 03-27-2015
Ain't no problems, jut messing with ya. Plus I hear the 20's are a great decade for this typa thing :-)
[Reply]
G G 02:22 PM 03-27-2015
:-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:47 PM 03-27-2015
Yeah, I know you don't care, Bensy. It'll be a beautiful day when I get done. :-)
Greg, I'd suggest you make shelves out of duct tape just to hold you over. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up