Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Punch Signature
badbriar 09:17 PM 08-29-2015
Short review on Punch Signature Robusto cigar. This 5x50 stick is a deep, rich brown color with aromas of earth, leather and cedar. With a corojo wrapper, I expected a potent cigar, but actually found it to be a slight bit over medium in strength. On the other hand, the taste and body were quite stout. The burn and performance was very good, with no touch-ups needed. Smoke output for the first half was like a Liga stick. The first half inch was very harsh, with a lot of throat irritation. I let it rest for a few minutes and was surprised it did not go out. After that, it became smooth and possessed a lot of good tastes. Have to say, this really is different from the other Punch cigars I've had. This will be a regular in my rotation. One note; this was a purchase from CI that had been in transit for two weeks and then had only a few weeks in the humidor. Aging a bit would probably help mellow out the initial harshness. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:05 AM 01-01-2016
Your description is spot on. I have been smoking these for the past few months. They bring back that maduro richness that I miss in so many other old favorites.

Stout is a good word. These are rich and pungent.

Thank you for the review!:-)
[Reply]
dijit 11:21 AM 01-01-2016
OK so now you have rekindled my interest in Punch cigars
[Reply]
shark 09:10 AM 01-03-2016
The Rare Corojo is still in production, AFAIK. I had one recently and these ares still pretty darn good.
[Reply]
Preacher 07:38 PM 02-10-2016
Glad I found this reviews. Earlier today I ordered a sampler of these. Can't wait for them to come in.
[Reply]
Sooner 07:46 PM 02-10-2016
I have wondered about these. They seem to be a current rave right now. I find most Punch cigars need to rest a bit as they are all harsh to me when I smoke them.
[Reply]
Up