Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Padilla Miami Robusto (Padilla's Blend)
darkleeroy 06:34 PM 07-26-2010
Well, I searched for a review of the new Padilla Miami blend, and haven't seen one posted here so I guess I would start a discussion on it seeing that it was the most recent cigar I smoked.

When I smoke cigars, I'm pretty basic when it comes to taste. I can't taste hints of black cherry, or dabbles of Madagascar vanilla for that matter. I can describe a cigar off base tastes, whether it is peppery, sweet, woodsy, or leathery, or if it tastes like grass (the grass that four year olds eat, not the grass that some people smoke).

As far as construction goes, these cigars are well made, and even though they aren't made in Pepin's factory they've still got a triple cap. The draw was actually a little loose, there was hardly any resistance at all. The cigars came out of the shop a little dry (in the low 60s), and the second Miami I had exploded on itself because of a bad cut. If I gave it a decent cut rather than trying to cut it with a knife it probably wouldn't have happened.

The first third of the cigar was definitely peppery, much like the Miami 8&11s were. The pepper subsided after the first third and became more of a woodsy type of smoke. The last third of the cigar more or less resembled the second, except it was a little bitter.

I bought these at about 9 bucks a pop, and I'd definitely recommend it again.
[Reply]
dwoodward 06:42 PM 07-26-2010
Can't wait to try this cigar. I picked up a sampler that included this cigar in the Salomon (7.2" x 57) shape. I plan to smoke it soon!
[Reply]
darkleeroy 07:28 PM 07-26-2010
It's definitely a great cigar. The Salomon is a monster.
[Reply]
dwoodward 07:31 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
It's definitely a great cigar. The Salomon is a monster.
Yes i know. It's very large lol... I have been wanting to smoke it, but don't normally plan for a 2+ hour smoke lol
[Reply]
bigliver 06:13 AM 07-27-2010
I like your style. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
dwoodward 03:31 AM 08-01-2010
Finally smoked this tonight. Decent smoke! I'll stick to some other favorites of mine tho.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:47 AM 08-01-2010
Thanks for the review...

Had a Padilla Miami Robusto last night.... I have been enjoying them fairly regularly since a blind box purchase off the Devil Site.

Just as an FYI, if you are willing to purchase by the box, you can usually score these at around +/-$4.5 a cigar on cbid.... 5 packs at around $5.5...
[Reply]
longknocker 09:50 AM 08-01-2010
Padilla Miami Is The Only Padilla I Like. Thanks For The Review!:-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 12:11 PM 08-01-2010
Damn I love this cigar. They need to go up on one of the daily deals again soon so I can stock up!
[Reply]
darkleeroy 12:36 PM 08-01-2010
To update, after smoking dozens of these stogies, I'm pretty much getting the same profile as I described earlier. Also, if any of you all find yourselves in Little Havana, the Padilla Factory/Shop sells boxes of these at a 30% discount to MSRP. It ends up being about $6.28 a stick if you buy the box.
[Reply]
Up