Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles
bigdix 05:02 AM 07-19-2010
I'm new here...and feel the need to preface this review with a few personal sentiments:
1. I worked as a chef for the better part of a decade and was always a tad annoyed at a sommelier's "over-tasting" of a wine.
2. A good smoke is a good smoke, and sometimes it's just that simple.
3. As much as even I like to see pics with a review, it's not necessary.
4. I smoke cigarettes...this inherently skews my perception of a flavor profile.
Please forgive these sins as I progress...
Pre-light draw:
This cigar gives a wonderful, aromatic precursor of the smoke that is to come, even though the flavors mature, sometimes, beyond what you may be expecting. Spicy, smooth...you just WANT to smoke the damn thing!
Construction: Very well constructed cigar, oily dark wrapper, visible veins (some bigger than others, but nothing frightening), and no soft spots to speak of.
First Third: Expectedly smooth, buttery, it just goes down well. You know you're in line for a good smoke here. The ash was marbled and held very well, plenty of smoke. Ash fell just at the end of this portion of the stick (I average two "ash-drops" per stick).
Second Third: HOLY COW...this "cheap" little stick really becomes everything it can be here. This is why the $117 box of 24 (maybe 25?) has become my favorite daily smoke. Full, rich, aged tobacco flavors....and man, what a wrapper!
Third third: I'll just leave it at this, I nub every one of these I smoke...Kind of new to smoking as a hobby, but these babys are fantastic! The smoke becomes so full, almost overwhelming with the flavors! (Dare I say, like a dutch chocolate cake?)
Summation:
Again, still new to this, but this is a fantastic "bargain" smoke..and won't monopolize too much of your time (if you need a quickie! :-) ) They have become a nice daily smoke for me and make a fantastic "dessert"!! I recently had a Tat Black, and barely have the experience to describe the thing....one of the best cigars I've had to date...can't wait to try one in a few months :-)
Try not to bash the newbie too hard, but I need to hone my reviewing skills. I hope someone finds this useful!!
Happy Smoking :-)
Dan
[Reply]
bigdix 05:25 AM 07-19-2010
I also would like to hear anyone else's opinions of this particular smoke....each individual perception is very interesting to me so fire away!!! :-)
[Reply]
bigliver 05:04 PM 07-19-2010
Dutch chocolate cake? Really?
[Reply]
bigdix 05:09 PM 07-19-2010
I figured that would get a rise out of you....it was rather unfortunate I didn't get any of that "nougat" goodness. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 05:21 PM 07-19-2010
My favorite size in the "Red" line. For a bit more spice, try the Brown label Noellas. :-)

Nice review.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:25 PM 07-19-2010
I Love All The Tat Line! Nice Review!:-)
[Reply]
bigdix 05:28 PM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
My favorite size in the "Red" line. For a bit more spice, try the Brown label Noellas. :-)

Nice review.
I've already had those recommended to me....now that you've recommended them as well I should just go ahead and order a box, eh? :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 05:47 PM 07-19-2010
Love em, one of my favorite smokes.
[Reply]
cigarlvr 09:47 PM 07-19-2010
Best size of the reds
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:27 AM 07-20-2010
Nice review...not a fan of the "Reds".
[Reply]
BlackIrish 03:48 PM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:

Nice review.
Bob is wise. These are always in my humidor.
[Reply]
bigswol2 09:02 PM 07-20-2010
That a flavor bomb. Very good smoke reguardless of price. That being said let me see if I have any.
[Reply]
jimmyk26 09:06 PM 07-20-2010
My favorite size in this line is the Hermosos vitola, which has a great dark cherry flavor! Nice review.
[Reply]
bigdix 06:58 AM 07-21-2010
I may have to post a few more reviews.....Need to work through at least one more Viaje 50/50 before I review that one. :-) Thanks for the confidence boosters, fellas! I'm loving my time here already.
[Reply]
Patrick B 01:10 AM 07-22-2010
Thats a solid review, keep em coming! I love the Angeles as well. Could smoke one every day, I think.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 07:23 AM 07-22-2010
I love those little reds. Nice review.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:44 AM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by bigdix:
I've already had those recommended to me....now that you've recommended them as well I should just go ahead and order a box, eh? :-)
Yes. And if you can get the Reservas buy every box they have.
:-)
[Reply]
heavyd 09:47 PM 07-22-2010
Nice review. The Angeles is one of the few cigars I always have in the humidor. Perfect size, great flavors, construction, etc... :-)
[Reply]
AUguy 11:03 AM 07-29-2010
I smoked one of these last night. I have smoked 3 reds to date and love them. I am just getting started in the cigar world but I would be willing to bet that the first box I buy will be Tat reds!
[Reply]
mcmoyer 11:50 AM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by AUguy:
I smoked one of these last night. I have smoked 3 reds to date and love them. I am just getting started in the cigar world but I would be willing to bet that the first box I buy will be Tat reds!

Agreed! I always have some in line & a box waiting in the wings!!

:-)

Thanks for the review Dan!!
[Reply]
Up