Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cuba Aliados
C1garfan 12:43 PM 05-19-2010
Brethren,

Here's a stick I didnt know too much about when it was handed to me by a good friend of mine. I had never had one of these before this review, so I was eager to try something new. Here's a little something I got from another site describing the cigar:

Cuba Aliados cigars are made in Honduras by renown cigar maker Rolando Reyes, who also makes Puros Indios, Roly, and several other popular brands of cigars. The Cuba Aliados brand of cigars are full bodied sticks made with a blend of tobaccos mostly from the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua.

As you can see in the pics below this stick had some damage, but nothing serious. The wrapper had a nice color to it with no prominent veins. The bunching on the foot looked good. There were no soft spots which hinted at good construction.

I punched the cap and lit her up. The initial observation regarding construction is validated by the effortless draw and abundant smoke this cigar generated. I really enjoyed the flavor at the start. I'm not in an inch and the smoke is rich with cedar and leather flavors. I have read a few reviews on this cigar which comment on pepper, but I don't get any of that from this cigar.

As I pass the half way point the smoke takes on a bit of a bite which I'm not the biggest fan of, but its nothing that would stop me from continuing. The flavors continue to impress. As the burn line approaches the damaged part of the cigar I make a few touch ups so the cigar continues to burn evenly.

This was a good cigar. I'm happy to have had the opportunity to try one because I found it thoroughly enjoyable. If you have never smoked one, I suggest you give it a shot.

[Reply]
icantbejon 12:51 PM 05-19-2010
I've smoked this stick in the past. I'll agree with you that it is worth trying. I do recall a peppery flavor though.

The cuba alliados double maduro is quite good as well if you can find it.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 01:35 PM 05-19-2010
I'm a big fan of the CA Miami. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
bigdix 08:11 AM 08-10-2010
SMOKE THESE!!!!!!!!!! :-) They're pretty cheap too!! :-)
[Reply]
bigliver 08:49 AM 08-10-2010
Not a fan so far! Smoked one and tossed it about halfway through. Mine tasted...stale and sour I guess would be the best way to describe it. Still have a couple left and will to revisit once I get the taste from the last one out of my mouth.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 08:56 AM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by :
I have read a few reviews on this cigar which comment on pepper, but I don't get any of that from this cigar.
I read those reviews also, and also had the same experience with this cigar as you.
[Reply]
bigdix 09:05 AM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by bigliver:
Not a fan so far! Smoked one and tossed it about halfway through. Mine tasted...stale and sour I guess would be the best way to describe it. Still have a couple left and will to revisit once I get the taste from the last one out of my mouth.
Maybe I was drunk...but it was a tasty smoke. Then again, I just quit smoking cigarettes, we'll see. Give me another in a couple of months. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:35 PM 08-10-2010
Another Reyes cigar that was super-special, to me anyway, was the Puros Roly. The little
panatela sized sticks were to die for. Cream explosion with a orange sherbet quality, not
unlike a push-up. Bought a few boxes on closeout for maybe 25 bucks a box. Spectacular.
[Reply]
Up