Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>ACC Championship Game
Mark C 11:29 AM 12-06-2008
It's game time! This one deserves a thread. Fourth ACC Championship game in 5 yrs for Tech (counting the VT vs. Miami game in '04), not a bad run, let's keep it going!

GO HOKIES!!
[Reply]
SeanGAR 11:34 AM 12-06-2008
Pretty amazing the Hokies have gotten there with as crappy an offense as they've had all freakin year.

I'm surprised nobody has hired Bud Foster away ... without him the Hokies are a 2-8 team.

Stuck in lab ... maybe see the third quarter if I'm lucky.
[Reply]
RowdyReptile 11:50 AM 12-06-2008
The Rowdy One says the Gators will romp even without Percy and I will be smoking a stogy in their honor. Go Gators!!
[Reply]
loki 11:51 AM 12-06-2008
seeing as how my finacee goes to uva now, maybe i should watch this
[Reply]
Mark C 01:30 PM 12-06-2008
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Pretty amazing the Hokies have gotten there with as crappy an offense as they've had all freakin year.

I'm surprised nobody has hired Bud Foster away ... without him the Hokies are a 2-8 team.

Stuck in lab ... maybe see the third quarter if I'm lucky.
I agree, I never expected to be here. The ACC was so full of surprises this year it made my head spin. I'll cry if Foster leaves, I feel like sending a thank you card to Clemson for stickin' with Swinney.

On the other hand, if they ditch Steinspring their record ought to improve.

Third quarter has been fantastic, hope you've caught some it! This is shaping up to be one of our best games this year, but there's still plenty of time left to blow it...

Originally Posted by loki:
seeing as how my finacee goes to uva now, maybe i should watch this
I'm sorry to hear that :-)
[Reply]
Rockestone 01:33 PM 12-06-2008
Looks like that game is over.

Great Job Hokies!:-)
[Reply]
taltos 02:45 PM 12-06-2008
Congrats Virginia Tech, represent well in the Orange Bowl.:-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 02:55 PM 12-06-2008
frickin boston college. why can't they ever play well in big games???????
[Reply]
Mark C 03:20 PM 12-06-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
Congrats Virginia Tech, represent well in the Orange Bowl.:-)
Playing against the Big East champ will be a bit of deja vu, should be interesting. Hopefully Tech can finally win a BCS game this year!

Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
frickin [insert random ACC team here] . why can't they ever play well in big games???????
Fixed it for ya :-)
[Reply]
SeanGAR 03:26 PM 12-06-2008
Originally Posted by Mark C:
Third quarter has been fantastic, hope you've caught some it!
Got to see the entire second half. A couple of weird calls but nice game nontheless.
[Reply]
GhostRyder 03:30 PM 12-06-2008
I missed the whole thing, but the outcome is fine with me. Glad to see Tech starting to play some ball this year.

And +1 to everything said about Bud Foster above. He needs to be the next head coach here in Blacksburg.
[Reply]
SSatVT 06:02 PM 12-06-2008
Great game. The Hokies seemed to figure out how to be productive on offense today, our special teams weren't non-existent, and our defense was out standing (as usual under Bud Foster, +1 for VT's next head coach).:-)

On to the Orange Bowl.:-)

GO TECH GO!!!
[Reply]
silentjon 04:37 AM 12-07-2008
It went the way the ACC worked all year - the higher ranked team lost.
[Reply]
Parrotheadduff 09:49 AM 12-07-2008
Great Day BC gets spanked and that punk Saban loses the big game :-)
[Reply]
BigAl_SC 10:22 AM 12-07-2008
I'm in a house divided. My son lives for Clemson (ACC) and my daughter USC (SEC). But you have to look at the difference in championship games. One was for a shot at national champ with loser still in top 5. and one was............. well it was what it was.
[Reply]
Up