Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>H.Upmann vintage cameroon petit corona
Don Fernando 12:21 PM 01-28-2009
I got this good looking cigar in a bomb from Volt, the packing is flawless, double banded and wrapped in cedar. Underneath the cedar is a bumpy oily wrapper. The aroma is light, a bit sweet and reminds me of milk chocolate. The predraw is just fine. The size is 5 x 40.

I could taste some tobacco and wood, and after an inch it became a bit creamy. Halfway it’s still the same except that the creamy texture leaves a bit of a chocolate aftertaste in my mouth, and just for a short time I could taste some pepper.

The smoke started poor but got better during the smoking. The burn is great & straight and the ash is quite dark. A medium smoke, both in flavor and in body.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, I would smoke it though if someone offers me one, but it won’t be my first choice

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 6.5 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
Volt 12:34 PM 01-28-2009
Thanks for the review. That is the first "real" cigar that I smoked about a year and a half ago. It started me to where I am today. Definitly no dog rocket but no award winner either. For me it is a known good, affordable smoke that I enjoy when I'm not feeling adventurous with something new. Smoked a ton of them before I started branching out.
[Reply]
Up