Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Reserva Miraflor - Long Review
stearns 08:57 PM 01-26-2009
I’ve been itching to review another cigar recently, and this amazing looking cigar has been eyeing me up every time I open the vino, so I put the two together for a way to entertain myself for the night. Ate a nice homemade pizza about an hour ago so the stomach is full, and have a bottle of water for the drink, time to get to smoking. the cigar has a beautiful, visually perfect construction with only one dark spot on the entire cigar, including under the band where i can usually find a flaw.

Pre-light pre-cut smell – the most distinctive hay I’ve ever smelt short of a petting zoo. This is going to be interesting, im excited. The band is removed with ease, and it took to a flame like a champ. The draw is PERFECT, just the right amount of resistance for ideal smoking.

First few draws have a bold nose exhale, with a subtle taste of the barn-like hay in the pre-light. It has a predominant taste that’s hard to put a single flavor on, somewhat of an earthy tobacco. The ash is a bit flaky, and it did require a little touchup about an inch in, but there are fantastic amounts of smoke, a huge plus for me. Because im smoking inside at my keyboard, I chose to ash it after about an inch and a half to avoid the situation getting messy. Finishing up the first third, there is a slight sweet undertone. Im anxious to get to the rest of it.

Once the ash got to about another inch and a half, I tapped it off into my ashtray. Still more smoke than most cigars I’ve been smoking recently, to which I attribute to both the great construction and the physical shape of the cigar. At this point, its been about 30 minutes in, still plenty to go. Not burning perfectly, but not to the point of touchup. The little bit of sweetness has passed, with the earthy hay back to dominating my pallet. The nose exhale is making me sneeze if I don’t watch how much im blowing out. At the half point, there is a bit of a bitter aftertaste, not bad, just different. I was expecting some new stuff in this stick. Lots of beautiful light grey ash

Moving into the final third, it has been smoking for an hour and going strong. I’m moving onto my second bottle of water as I purge the stick. Oddly enough, the nose exhale is lighter than in the first third. Not sure if this is because of the changing in the flavor profile or my nose losing ‘feeling,’ but either way it is a very interesting twist I was not expecting. The flavor is evolving as well. It is burning hot with a little over an inch left, with a bit of bitter pepper in the aftertaste. Still enough smoke to engulf my face. With about ¾ inch left I let it go out, not being able to hold it comfortable.

Ending smoke time just under an hour and a half, grassy lightly nutty aftertaste, perfect draw throughout. The final count on the burn was one touchup and one re-light, nothing worth sweating about. Would I smoke again? Heck yes. Would I personally buy again? Heck yes. Am I glad I smoked it? HECK YES. Considering the price point and current availability, I suggest everyone stock up. I apologize for the pictures, my camera screen is messed up so I cant really tell how they came out until I plugged it in.

Happy smoking, and thanks for sitting through this long review. I feel this particular cigar deserved it.

stearns
[Reply]
stearns 08:58 PM 01-26-2009
one more picture that couldnt fit, at the final 1/3 mark, just to show the amount of smoke

stearns
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:04 PM 01-26-2009
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
joetownhound 09:05 PM 01-26-2009
this is a great cigar with the most outstanding even burn I've seen in a cigar. I just order more and can't wait until they get in. Nice review on a great cigar. :-)
[Reply]
adampc22 09:06 PM 01-26-2009
lol i have a hat like that lol and a cigar like that lololololol
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:08 PM 01-26-2009
Nice review and pics. This is a really good cigar! :-)
[Reply]
stearns 09:09 PM 01-26-2009
for the record, its a redsox hat, the best kind :-)

stearns
[Reply]
adampc22 09:11 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by stearns:
for the record, its a redsox hat, the best kind :-)

stearns
well its not a redsox hat but its a 59/50
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:38 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
well its not a redsox hat but its a 59/50
:-) Stop trying to be American Adam!!! :-)

Nice review Ben...and nice smoke rings bro!
[Reply]
s0leful0ne 10:25 PM 01-26-2009
one more picture that couldnt fit, at the final 1/3 mark, just to show the amount of smoke

stearns
times like these...i wish i knew how to use photoshop
[Reply]
TomHagen 10:59 PM 01-26-2009
nice review!! I got bombed with one of these from bigloo - looking forward to it... :-)

any info on the brand/stick??
[Reply]
adampc22 11:27 PM 01-26-2009
[quote=Mugen910;194306]:-) Stop trying to be American Adam!!!

i am only doing it so u think i am cool not just taller and better looking than you mate lololololololololololololol:-)
[Reply]
Hardcz 05:39 AM 01-27-2009
for the record, its a YANKEES hat, the best kind :-)

stearns
Fixed this for you...
[Reply]
goalie204 05:55 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by s0leful0ne:
times like these...i wish i knew how to use photoshop
PM me aldrin, i'll photoshop it for you
[Reply]
tobii3 05:55 AM 01-27-2009
this sums it all up.....

Originally Posted by :
Would I smoke again? Heck yes. Would I personally buy again? Heck yes. Am I glad I smoked it? HECK YES.
Absolutely spot on.

I ordered two samplers - one for me, one for Skills - I had to bury one of them because I burned through ALL of them in a weekend. Skills did the same thing....what does that tell you??

Yes, I liked them THAT much!!!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:49 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
t
I ordered two samplers - one for me, one for Skills - I had to bury one of them because I burned through ALL of them in a weekend. Skills did the same thing....what does that tell you??

Yes, I liked them THAT much!!!
dearly noted, thank you Tobii :-)

great review Ben!
[Reply]
Scottw 11:57 AM 01-27-2009
Very nice review, Thanks!
[Reply]
Mark 08:37 PM 02-02-2009

stearns
Photochop challenge?

:-)

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 09:07 PM 02-02-2009
Excellent review. I need to try me one of these.
[Reply]
Up