Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Had Wisdom teeth pulled yesterday
GTCanuk 07:54 AM 05-04-2010
How long should a wait to have a cigar, doctor didn't say how long just not to have any for a "while"?:-)
[Reply]
wayner123 07:57 AM 05-04-2010
I'd say two weeks. But I am paranoid like that over having a dry socket. I have read some people smoking the same day. How many teeth did you have pulled?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:07 AM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
I'd say two weeks. But I am paranoid like that over having a dry socket. I have read some people smoking the same day. How many teeth did you have pulled?
:-)

Better be safe than sorry. Two weeks is my "expert" recommendation as well.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:36 AM 05-04-2010
Yeah, dry socket is an absolute nightmare...definitely avoid anything like cigars/ciggs/straws/blowing your nose/etc. Now as for how long? Some people are good at 3 days, some people at 14. It kind of depends, so yeah...maybe wait a week and see how you're feeling, but like it's been said, better safe than sorry, right?
[Reply]
Ogre 08:42 AM 05-04-2010
:-) x2
[Reply]
maninblack 08:57 AM 05-04-2010
Can't believe no one has caught this yet. Is a wisdom teet the same as a wisdom tooth? I know my wife would hate having her teet pulled.:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:58 AM 05-04-2010
But on a serious note, hope you get to feeling better soon. I'd have to agree on the dry socket. It freaking hurts big time.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:01 AM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Can't believe no one has caught this yet. Is a wisdom teet the same as a wisdom tooth? I know my wife would hate having her teet pulled.:-)
:-) Saw that myself... :-)

Hope it heals well. Several folks have chimed in elsewhere with different time frames - some say 48 hours, some say up to two weeks. Hope it wont be too long for you.
[Reply]
tomc3084 09:01 AM 05-04-2010
I'd day probably wait till the stitches fall out....I didn't wait more than a few days before I started smoking ciggarettes again...I made sure to rinse out with salt water after ever smoke , seemed to do the trick, I hope you feel better soon
[Reply]
Darrell 09:29 AM 05-04-2010
If you get a dry socket from smoking a cigar then you are going to never want to see a cigar again. It's super painful as I understand.
[Reply]
smokin5 09:46 AM 05-04-2010
I just had a molar yanked yesterday. My dentist, who is also a cigar guy, said 2 days is good enough, you just want to ensure a proper clot in the socket.
He added to make sure you start with a cigar that has a real loose draw.

Personally, though, & despite that advice, I plan to wait at least 3 days, probably 4, just to be on the safe side.:-)
[Reply]
GTCanuk 09:52 AM 05-04-2010
All 4:-)
[Reply]
GTCanuk 09:53 AM 05-04-2010
That is the drugs talking :-)
[Reply]
D. Generate 09:56 AM 05-04-2010
From personal experience I can tell you dry sockets are excruciating. Heal up. Then smoke.

That's wisdom imparted straight from my teat. :-)
[Reply]
akumushi 10:01 AM 05-04-2010
I would say that the wisdom tooth surgery is much more severe than a single tooth extraction, lay off the stogies for a good week or two.:-)
[Reply]
tomc3084 10:02 AM 05-04-2010
The doctor gave some great advice when saying a loose draw is what you should go for, I forgot to mention that...
[Reply]
Starscream 10:46 AM 05-04-2010
Just don't try to milk it for a while and you should be ok.:-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 10:58 AM 05-04-2010
Had all 4 pulled last year at the same time. I waited just over 3 weeks I think since one socket seemed to take a little longer to heal than the others.

I few weeks of additional age will only help your sticks while you recover IMHO.

Hope you feel better soon man!!!!
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:14 AM 05-04-2010
My doctor said a few days to a week -- as long as the socket seems to be filling in and stable. He did caution me not to smoke a cigar with a hard draw.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:25 AM 05-04-2010
Don't do any cardio for at least 2 weeks, perhaps 3+. You head will pound like a bass drum.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up