Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Pig Iron Humi
Big Perm 01:52 PM 01-11-2014
Just picked up a Pig Iron 100 count humi and a decent stash of 60 of so cigars....the box is solid appears well made....two small qc items, the hygrometer is a titled 10 degrees or so too much to one side, and one of the dividers was missing the sponge/tight-fit piece on one end....otherwise, very impressed....overall decent build, no structural items noticed...

I like the toolbox look and it's fits within the spirit of the man cave, so it works.....will update post in a month once it gets some good use.
[Reply]
Remo 01:58 PM 01-11-2014
Got a pic? Sounds cool.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:59 PM 01-11-2014
I'm hoping you seasoned your humidor before loading it up.
Also, you'll be better off if you pick yourself up a digital hygrometer and some beads to regulate your RH.
:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:59 PM 01-11-2014
[Reply]
pnoon 01:59 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Got a pic? Sounds cool.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:06 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Even when he's alone. :-)

Still, I wouldn't mind a pic myself . . . I'm bored.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 02:06 PM 01-11-2014

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:06 PM 01-11-2014
I've seen a couple online, if it's one with the glass top insert you might want to think about sealing the edge around the glass as well. :-)

They are pretty nice / industrial looking boxes!
[Reply]
CamoFlogged 02:21 PM 01-11-2014
Only ones I have seen are the shiny, diamond plate looking ones. Pretty cool if that's your theme.

Follow Peter's advice if you haven't already seasoned that sucker.
[Reply]
Big Perm 04:15 PM 01-11-2014
Apologies, I suck at pictures worse than I suck at the internet. I couldn't find a direct link to it, but got it at CI, http://www.cigarsinternational.com/h...n-100-humidor/

Went with the humicare jar for humidification, I also suck at maintenance :-)

Will try to get the wifey to help me figure out how to post a pic this weekend and edit this post. For the last couple of years, I've been just buying as-needed at the cigar shop when a cigar event came up.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:17 PM 01-11-2014
Recommend you ditch that humicare jar asap and buy some humidity beads. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 05:20 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Uh, with that small of humi. I think the jar should work, mine have done really well, but that's me.
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:23 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Originally Posted by Remo:
Uh, with that small of humi. I think the jar should work, mine have done really well, but that's me.
Tom is right. Humicare jars do not regulate humidity very well. They are very good a releasing moisture to saturate the humidor though...
[Reply]
GWN 06:19 AM 01-12-2014
It's a cool looking piece, especially for a garage or man cave. Email CI on the QC items and they should make good, especially the missing divider. Also +1 on the beads as they do a great job with minimal effort.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 10:52 AM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Tom is right. Humicare jars do not regulate humidity very well. They are very good a releasing moisture to saturate the humidor though...
I don't have much issues with jars and such. I think living in Nevada or Utah like Remo we don't normally require two way humidification. Not sure about DFW area as to their average humidity.
[Reply]
Big Perm 08:40 PM 01-17-2014
Attempt at pics
Attached: cigar.jpg (9.9 KB) cigar1.jpg (10.4 KB) cigar2.jpeg (13.7 KB) 
[Reply]
czerbe 02:18 PM 01-18-2014
:-)Smart move showing a pic with a bunch of sticks in it already. Guys around here love pics of empty humis
[Reply]
Up