General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
silentjon 04:55 AM 01-08-2009
Go Sooners!! I am tired of winter.
[Reply]
Doogie 06:26 AM 01-08-2009
should be a great game today.
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:53 AM 01-09-2009
Good morning all and TGIF!!!! The coffee is on and the Florida Gators beat the Oklahoma Sooners 24 - 14. For the full story, look here:

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=15086

I had a good time last night started off the evening at Schlesingers Ciagr Bar enjoying a couple of my favorites and then indulging in some great conversation. Hudson Valley Cigars was packed due to the winter weather and of course the crowd that was there to see the BCS Championship game. This weekend will be filled with NFL playoff games and I'll be hootin' and howlin' during the Eagles / Giants game Sunday at 1300 (1pm), GO EAGLES!!!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a super weekend and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
silentjon 04:39 AM 01-09-2009
Damn Gators!! :-):-)
[Reply]
Doogie 05:39 AM 01-09-2009
congrats to the Gators
[Reply]
Stogieman 05:02 AM 01-10-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. I had a great day yesterday, got a nice box of cigars in from CigarBid(yeah, I still visit the devil now and then :-) ), talked with a number of S / BOTL on the phone about the upcoming Quad State Herf and then had a nice quiet evening home with Beth. Today, the weather guessers are calling for 7 to 9 inches of snow starting this afternoon and continuing through into tomorrow morning:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I've got some running around to do prior to that in preperation of Sunday's Eagles Football party. I see that the odds are now 4 1/2 points advantage for the Giants (3 for just being home team), so even the bookies are thinking that this is going to be a close game. May the better team prevail, but I got to root for the Eagle. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or......... :-)
[Reply]
silentjon 05:55 AM 01-10-2009
It's snowing in NEPA. No MBA class for me. :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 05:07 AM 01-11-2009
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. I'm plannin' on a big breakfast today with bacon, eggs, homefries and all of the rest of the fixin's to get ready for today's big game at 1300 (1pm). The Philadelphia Eagles and the New York Giants will go head to head in the Meadowlands and it's going to be a good game and the better of the two teams will be victor. I'll be rootin' for Philly and to get things going, I have posted the link for the Eagles fight song:

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/ope...=rtsp&rbnkey=1

Then, later on today, the Pittsburg Steelers will battle with the San Diego Chargers @ 1645 (4:45pm) in Pittsburg. That should be another tough game and hopefully the Steelers win that one for my brother-in-law Gary who's a big fan of them as well. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Sunday and gets to enjoy a favorite cigar or two....... :-)

GO EAGLES!!!!!
[Reply]
:eevis 06:46 AM 01-11-2009
I just gotta ask, How can you have a Yankee Avatar and cheer for the Iggles?!? Isn't that similar to cheering for the Dark Side in the Star Wars series. Good luck today, looking forward to a great game. And as a wise man once told me

Go Big Blue
[Reply]
G G 07:43 AM 01-11-2009
Good morning, I am stuck at work today.
[Reply]
Stogieman 02:40 PM 01-11-2009
Yeah baby, 23 - 11 final score, Eagles win......... :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

In refernce to how I can be a Yankees fan and also cheer for the Iggles, I'm retired military and haven't had a home town since 1976. I've been a Yankees fan since 1968 and an Eagles fan from as long as I can remember.
[Reply]
:eevis 03:09 PM 01-11-2009
We lost :-) Great game by the Iggles. Can't take anything away from them. Congratulations and good luck in the next round. I am going to find something sturdy and a 3 ft. piece of rope :-)

Now I turn my attention to the pinstripes!
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:50 AM 01-12-2009
Good morning all and yes, there's a fresh pot of coffee on. Well, we know that the Eagles and the Steelers both won yesterday. Next weeks match up is the Eagles will play the Cardinals in Arizona at 1500 (3pm) and then the Steelers will take on the Ravens in Pittsburg at 1830 (6:30pm). Here's the link to where you can find the entire playoff breakdown:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST#Week

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys........ :-)

GO EAGLES!!!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:24 AM 01-13-2009
Good morning everyone and as always, the joe is brewin'. Yesterday, it was a great day at the office. The majority of us there are retired military which equates to everyone is from different parts of the US originally. There are only two of us out of 18 that are Eagles fans and all the local Giants fans finally admitted it that the cream raised to the top. Now I can hardly wait till next Sunday as our Director is a Cardinals fan and he said that they would have rather played the Giants as well. Anyway, I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday and gets to enjoy a favorite if the time permits it....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:48 AM 01-14-2009
Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on. It's "Hump Day" and I hope it flys by and brings on the weekend. A friend of ours is coming up from Philadelphia today to tour West Point and then we are taking him to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars for dinner and stogies. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy it as well....... :-)

GO EAGLES!!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:41 AM 01-15-2009
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. It was good seeing our friend Father Paul yesterday and we had a great day touring the Academy and then spending a few hours at Schlesingers. Today's tempature is a brisk one with the temps only reaching a high of 16 degrees and a low of 1. Here is the next 7 day forcast and it a cold one coming:

Today: Snow, Hi 16°F
Tonight: Partly Cloudy, Lo 1°F

Friday: Cold, Hi 10°F
Friday Night: Partly Cloudy, Lo 2°F

Saturday: Mostly Sunny, Hi 15°F
Saturday Night: Chance Snow, Lo 11°F

Sunday: Chance Snow, Hi 24°F
Sunday Night: Chance Snow, Lo 17°F

M.L.King Day: Mostly Cloudy, Hi 28°F

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

As you can see, this place will not defrost in a while so you better dress warm if your headin' to NY anytme soon. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys themselves to the fulliest....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:24 AM 01-16-2009
Good morning all and TGIF!!!! The coffee is on and I think a stop at the local bagel shop is a must for today. I just checked www.noaa.gov and our temps are currently -2F with a windchill of -18F, man-o-man is it cool outside. Hopefully this cold spell gets done with soon and we start to see a normal weather pattern with the temps back up in the 20s and 30s. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys a few of thier favorites and gets to see some great NFL playoff games....... :-)

GO EAGLES!!!!!!
[Reply]
silentjon 04:53 AM 01-16-2009
Its a very warm 2F here in NEPA. Looking forward to the games on Sunday. I think both six seeds are going to win.
[Reply]
Stogieman 05:46 AM 01-17-2009
Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. I just checked the local weather and it's 1° F, man it's cool out there. Later on after it warms up a bit, I have some running around to do in preperation of tomorrow's Eagles / Cardinals football game. Then later on I'll be heading over to Schlesinger's / Hudson Valley Cigars to enjoy a favorite or two and see how the local S/BOTL are doing. I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a few favorites as well....... :-)

GO EAGLES!!!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 05:23 AM 01-18-2009
Good morning all and yes, today is the NFC Championship game at 1500 (3pm) between the Eagles and the Cardinals and then the AFC Championship game between the Steelers and the Ravens at 1830 (6:30pm). Both games should be very intense and I'm hoping both Pennsylvania teams win to make one helava Superbowl in two weeks. I just finished a pot of Mr. Jerry's Electric Chair Espresso Killer Beans and I'm ready for the games. I hope veryone has a super day and GO EAGLES....... :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 230
< 12 341252102 > Last »
Up