Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 173 of 231
« First < 73123163171172173 174175183223 > Last »
General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
Stogieman 02:40 AM 03-24-2020
Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0345 (new hours as I have report to the EOC at 0600 starting today) and it's Tuesday. States are locking down a lot of businesses to prevent the spread of COVID-19, hopefully this works and we get back to normalcy in the near future. Take care everyone and I'll be back tomorrow....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 02:35 AM 03-25-2020
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". About to head over the mountain to West Point, we are doing a venison roast in the crockpot for the shift on today. There's about 18 of us on shift at a time, we are practicing social distancing and sanitize our work space on a regularly scheduled time. This is the new norm for a while, folks are getting use to it. Smoke a favorite if you get a chance and all....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 02:31 AM 03-26-2020
Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's another day. Usually on Thursday's, we head over to Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar after work but we know that isn't happening. It looks like rain is headed our way tomorrow, so I might sit out back after work and enjoy a favorite or two or........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:22 AM 03-28-2020
Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on for a while now and it's Saturday. As they say in every teleconference I'm on, one day at a time and we'll get through this. Stay safe everyone and I'll talk with you tomorrow...... :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:32 PM 03-28-2020
You stay safe as well, Charlie.

Cook County IL has just been deemed one of the new "hot zones", so I am gonna stay home and "chill".
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:24 AM 03-30-2020
Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like we'll have another rainy day here in the Hudson Valley. According to NOAA, after tomorrow we should have a few sunny days in a row:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...6#.XoHEbal7mi4

Try and enjoy your week everyone, smoke a favorite or two and remember that this all will pass eventually....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:51 AM 04-01-2020
Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0415 and it's "Hump Day". Normally that would mean that the week is half over, but we've been working 7 days a week now for a while. Hopefully all of these smart scientist put their heads together and find a cure for this COVID-19 virus and it ends soon. Take care and remember to your 6' social distancing....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:51 AM 04-02-2020
Good morning all all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday. All is good here in the Baranyai household, only 3 more days of quarantine as a result of contact with a positive COVID-19 victim. One of our supervisors in the EOC came in 11 days ago and was not feeling well, got tested and came back positive. He and his family are doing good but the EOC is working virtual and utilizing a program called WebEOC. All meetings are held on MS Teams and we've been teleworking via VPN. The President extended the stay at home through the end of April to help stop the spread of this virus. I have to put a little smile on things, so here's a little funny for you to laugh at. Enjoy...... :-)

Hi my friends!
Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down! Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking tea and all of us agreed that things are getting bad. I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything and certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron calmed me down as she said everything will be fine no situation is too pressing.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:37 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Stogieman:

Hi my friends!
Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down!
Nah, I'm cool. :-)

[Reply]
Stogieman 03:44 AM 04-03-2020
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Friday (for what it's worth). Yesterday, Beth came into our computer room that I have converted into my current office and asked me what day it was. This is getting real to a lot of folks that we're in this for the long haul and until they find a cure, this is the new norm. I don't mind working 7 days a week to help protect the West Point community, I just hope that one day we look back at this and tell ourselves it was all worth it. Take a break when you can, enjoy a cigar or two and relax....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:29 AM 04-06-2020
Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Monday morning and another day in support of defeating the COVID-19 virus. I actually had a full day off yesterday for the first time in over 3 weeks. Beth and I relaxed out back and I enjoy a couple of primo stogies, some nice red wine and some BBQ on the grill. I hope everyone has great week and enjoys it as well...... :-)
[Reply]
Brian D. 07:06 AM 04-06-2020
Hi Charlie. I've always liked wristwatches with date and day of week on the dial. Now you and Beth know why! :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:55 AM 04-07-2020
Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0415 as always now which is the new normal. Got to sit out back last night after getting off of shift to smoke an Alec Bradley cigar along with a couple of cold Newburgh Brewing Cream Ales. I'm planning to do the same tonight as they maybe the last night as the weather is changing with a few days of rain heading our way according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...5#.XoxLL6l7mi4

Even in these trying time, you have to take time for yourself and enjoy....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:55 AM 04-08-2020
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day" or at least it's Wednesday. Last night, I did get to enjoy a couple of cold ones and a Pappy Van Winkle Toro that I've had in the humi for quite some time. The weather guessers were right this time as the rain came in over night and it's here for a couple of days. Have a great day everyone and I hope you all are doing good out there....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:08 AM 04-09-2020
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like we'll have another wet day here in the Hudson Valley. April showers do bring May flowers which are always welcomed. Enjoy all and definitely be safe out there...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:25 AM 04-10-2020
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! I have to head into West Point to attend a few meetings and get some work done at the office. I have my face mask and I'm prepared if I have to go to the commissary and all. It's Good Friday as well as it's Easter weekend. Be safe out there everyone and enjoy a cigar or two if you get the chance........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:31 AM 04-13-2020
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's another day in the neighborhood. We had a couple of real nice weather day, got to enjoy a few of my favorite cigars along with a couple of cold ones as well. It's the beginning of another week, stay safe out there and all...... :-)
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 11:42 AM 04-13-2020
Good Morning All coffee is on here in the desert southwest. We had a cold front move in and drop temperatures with high winds. Just hunkering down for the long haul until this is over. No cigar today unfortunately.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:23 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by CEC_Tech:
Good Morning All coffee is on here in the desert southwest. We had a cold front move in and drop temperatures with high winds. Just hunkering down for the long haul until this is over. No cigar today unfortunately.
Love seeing Lowland Louie, Armando! :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:00 AM 04-14-2020
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Ground Hog Day (LOL). This is the new normal for a while, get up early; head to West Point at 0600 (6 am) and get get home after 1800 (6 pm). Yesterday's rain and wind brought down a lot of trees in the area, no damage at our house but there were roads closed for a while and the power was out for a number of hours. Thank god we invested in a whole house 16kW backup Generac generator two years ago. Stay safe out there everyone and I'll be back on tomorrow morning........ :-)
[Reply]
Page 173 of 231
« First < 73123163171172173 174175183223 > Last »
Up