Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>2012 Summer Olympics
mosesbotbol 11:21 AM 08-02-2012
Another Masshole wins gold and a 1st gold in Judo for an American! Congrats to Wakefield’s Kayla Harrison.

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:22 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Another Masshole wins gold and a 1st gold in Judo for an American! Congrats to Wakefield’s Kayla Harrison.

Nice, I love Judo! :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:25 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
My whole point is the Olympics is the compition to determine the worlds best atheletes IMO. I think events should require athletism, that's all.
You don't think badminton takes athletism? Does shooting take athletism?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:37 AM 08-02-2012
One more picture of our local gold medalist

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:41 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
You don't think badminton takes athletism? Does shooting take athletism?
I guess I have badminton in my head as a back yard game. Shooting typically does not require athletism, but sometimes it could I suupose if there was some kind of obstacle course or something. Wasn't there a cross country ski and shoot in the winter? That would require some athletism I believe but target shooting, not so much. Shooting in the olypics? :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:59 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Wasn't there a cross country ski and shoot in the winter? That would require some athletism I believe but target shooting, not so much. Shooting in the olypics? :-)
Yes, the biathlon which may be one of the most difficult events in the winter olympics. Imagine trying to shoot a difficult target with you heart pounding like crazy and sweat dripping over the eyes!
[Reply]
E.J. 12:36 PM 08-02-2012
Congrats to Kayla Harrison, even better to be the first American to do it!

I love this stuff.... It is heartwarming to see the joy in the eyes/faces of athletes when they succeed......and just as heartbreaking to watch them fail to reach their goals.
[Reply]
E.J. 02:58 PM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by MrWolf55:
Just watched those 3 matches myself. What a complete joke. Don't blame that Iranian guy for walking off the canvas after that last one. And according to the BBC the Japanese are appealing the fight between their guy and the Azerbaijani guy. Will be really interesting to see how that one turns out. I know that the IOC doesn't recognize knockdowns in their scoring system, but c'mon - how do you get dominated the last round and get knocked down FIVE times and still win the bout :-)

Something's not right there.
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I'm not a boxing guy, but from two matches that I watched today, is olympic boxing fixed? I saw both a guy from the US and a guy from Japan seem to clearly win fights, yet their opponents were declared the winner. With the Pac-man fight being heavily scrutinized, one would think that the Olympic committee would be on top of their game to bring legitamacy back to the sport.

Baseball and softball are no longer Olympic sports. Maybe professional wrestling should be on the next Olympics ballot.
Looks like someone is getting an early trip home.......

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/bo...ecision-080212
[Reply]
E.J. 03:20 PM 08-06-2012
UNBELIEVABLE FINISH for the USA Women's Soccer vs Canada....:-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 03:28 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
UNBELIEVABLE FINISH for the USA Women's Soccer vs Canada....:-)
Yes! What a great match!
[Reply]
King James 03:50 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Yes! What a great match!
Was trying to get some work on while it was on, ended up not being very productive haha. Especially towards the end. Great game! :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 09:05 PM 08-06-2012
http://vimeo.com/46824253

Some language....had me belly laughing....your experience may differ...
[Reply]
Jasonw560 09:13 PM 08-06-2012
Shooting at that level takes skill and coordination.
[Reply]
King James 09:14 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
http://vimeo.com/46824253

Some language....had me belly laughing....your experience may differ...
lol, that is pretty good. Sent it on to a couple friends.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up