Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>2012 Summer Olympics
E.J. 02:36 PM 07-28-2012
It is strange that I can sit and watch hours of women's soccer & volleyball, swimming and the like. I wouldn't watch 2 minutes of this stuff on television a month ago or after, but it's the Olympics and it has my eye...

Still couldn't watch women's basketball....tried and it's painfully bad.

Logan Tom kicks ash!
[Reply]
chachee52 02:40 PM 07-28-2012
I'm just upset that most of the events that I am interested in watching either is not on at all, sailing, or are on at midnight as a re-broadcast, kayaking/canoe.
None of the other events interest me much.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:44 PM 07-28-2012
Vino wins the gold! Good for him.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:38 AM 07-29-2012
Exciting finish in the women's road race just now.

Enjoyed the Walsh/May beach volleyball match last night as well.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:49 AM 07-29-2012
Was anyone really surprised that Phelps placed fourth yesterday? He doesn't seem to have his heart in it this year.
[Reply]
LockOut 10:53 AM 07-29-2012
any way to watch it online without having cable. NBC wants you to log in with your cable provider If i had cable i would watch it on TV.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:55 AM 07-29-2012
Originally Posted by LockOut:
any way to watch it online without having cable. NBC wants you to log in with your cable provider If i had cable i would watch it on TV.:-)
There's an app if you have an iPad or iPhone. You can get a temporary four hour pass for each e-mail address that you register with to watch for free. I'm sure it's online for free somewhere else too.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 11:04 AM 07-29-2012
I love the Olympics. I will watch anything that is on. It is bad.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:36 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by LockOut:
any way to watch it online without having cable.
Here ya go Tom. Just a couple of the thousand places to find streams.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/others.html

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/74-London-2012-Olympics
[Reply]
Starscream 04:10 PM 08-01-2012
I'm not a boxing guy, but from two matches that I watched today, is olympic boxing fixed? I saw both a guy from the US and a guy from Japan seem to clearly win fights, yet their opponents were declared the winner. With the Pac-man fight being heavily scrutinized, one would think that the Olympic committee would be on top of their game to bring legitamacy back to the sport.

Baseball and softball are no longer Olympic sports. Maybe professional wrestling should be on the next Olympics ballot.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:18 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I'm not a boxing guy, but from two matches that I watched today, is olympic boxing fixed? I saw both a guy from the US and a guy from Japan seem to clearly win fights, yet their opponents were declared the winner. With the Pac-man fight being heavily scrutinized, one would think that the Olympic committee would be on top of their game to bring legitamacy back to the sport.

Baseball and softball are no longer Olympic sports. Maybe professional wrestling should be on the next Olympics ballot.
Edit: make that three matches that looked to have been biased/thrown/fixed/whatever you want to call it.
[Reply]
MrWolf55 05:32 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Edit: make that three matches that looked to have been biased/thrown/fixed/whatever you want to call it.
Just watched those 3 matches myself. What a complete joke. Don't blame that Iranian guy for walking off the canvas after that last one. And according to the BBC the Japanese are appealing the fight between their guy and the Azerbaijani guy. Will be really interesting to see how that one turns out. I know that the IOC doesn't recognize knockdowns in their scoring system, but c'mon - how do you get dominated the last round and get knocked down FIVE times and still win the bout :-)

Something's not right there.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:50 AM 08-02-2012
We have a local Olympian, Aly Raisman competing for gold today. Best of luck to her!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:54 AM 08-02-2012
I never realized ping pong is an olypic event. Really? Come on.
[Reply]
Jefft72 08:20 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I never realized ping pong is an olypic event. Really? Come on.
I have the same thought on badminton.

Trampoline? After London 2012, next stop Barnum and Bailey.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:25 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by Jefft72:

I agree on badminton, trampoline at least would require athletism.
When I think of the olypics I think of "Athletes" competing to be the best athletes in the world. Ping Pong and Badminton are recreational IMO. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:28 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by Jefft72:

Badminton is quite popular in Asia and Commonwealth nations. It's quite a serious sport...
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:33 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Badminton is quite popular in Asia and Commonwealth nations. It's quite a serious sport...
I don't take it seriously, ping pong is serious in china.
Clearly enough of the world takes it seriously, it shouldn't be in the olympics just because Asia plays it. Look at football for example, Americans take it pretty serious.

My whole point is the Olympics is the compition to determine the worlds best atheletes IMO. I think events should require athletism, that's all.
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:00 AM 08-02-2012
I don't take speed walking seriously but it's a sport in the Olympics :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:02 AM 08-02-2012
Without the old Soviet Union, the Olympics seem pointless to me. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up