Rob is funny.
Yes, yes he is.

http://www.explosm.net/comics/author/Rob/

/end threadjack
[Reply]
Blueface 08:21 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by Jasonw560:
Playing Devil's advocate for a minute.

How do we know that JoPa didn't consider taking it to the authorities, but was told not to, and that the higher-ups would take care of the problem? We may never know.

Nonetheless, Sandusky needs to be "accidentally" put in general population.
If that were true, then he was more of an a..hole than we know.
Did enough years pass by for him to realize no one ever notified the authorities as no action was taken at all?
There is simply no excuse for his actions and more importantly, lack thereof.
[Reply]
68TriShield 10:20 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by Blueface:
There is simply no excuse for his actions and more importantly, lack thereof.
And no punishment will ever be harsh enough.Just ask any of those boys or their parents.
Any parent that says the punishment is too harsh really needs to understand exactly what they are saying.
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:18 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
And no punishment will ever be harsh enough.Just ask any of those boys or their parents.
Any parent that says the punishment is too harsh really needs to understand exactly what they are saying.
Flash-back to the mid-sixties when a 10 year old boy is riding his bike home and a stranger on a bike asks him to help him find his keys that somehow got lost in the bushes. The boy gets off his bike and begins to head to the bushes when all of a sudden something doesn't feel "right." He hops back on his bike and pedals as fast as he can for the 3 or 4 blocks to home, with the stranger close behind. The boy runs into the house and tells his mother immediately what had just happened and the mother jumps in the car and follows the stranger to his home, returns home and calls the police. Don't say it can't happen to your child, as it almost happened to my mother's child (me). Thankfully, we didn't have a gun in the house or the perp wouldn't have made it home. I became a star witness for my first and only time.

Guess which side I come down on.
[Reply]
ucla695 11:51 AM 07-23-2012
To me, the people who commit these type of crimes on children vs. those who harbor them is a distinction without a difference. Sandusky is disgusting and so are the people who covered up this mess. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:17 PM 07-23-2012
It's going to be another 60 million by the time the civil suits against the university are settled.
[Reply]
oooo35980 02:24 PM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
It's going to be another 60 million by the time the civil suits against the university are settled.
With all the publicity this is getting and more people that got raped coming out of the woodwork I'd say 60mil is pretty conservative.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:32 PM 07-23-2012
I wish the child-molester enabling bastard was still alive so he could see his legacy and family name flushed, never to be revered again. He got out easy. His son and the rest of the family just needs to go away. But I am sure they will stay where they are, still worshiped by some morons in that town.

The idiots that still defend him or "the program" should be slapped into reality, hard.

The Paterno name is Mudd!
[Reply]
The Poet 02:37 PM 07-23-2012
It's a statue of a football coach, not a monumental world treasure. Leave it up, tear it down, never had it put up in the first place . . . what's the big woof?

I cannot help but recall that Dean Smith was not only the loudest, but nearly the sole, voice of protest when it was first proposed the Smith Center be named for him. He thought he was just a coach, and deserved no big credit, as it was his teams who played the game. The Paterno family needs a bit of this humility, and should put a sock in it.
[Reply]
ASU Maduro 09:12 PM 07-23-2012
I enjoy football as much as the next guy, but pedistals need to be toppled when it comes to molesting kids. Could have Paterno done more, yes…did he…NO. And with that, the statue needs to come down. Like the previous post, 1000 things right, and one thing wrong is what you’re remembered for…welcome to the real world.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up