Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 789
Sports>Should Penn State get the Death Penalty?
forgop 11:42 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
I'm a life-long PSU/JoePa fan...grew up with it..been to many a game in Happy Valley...that being said, I think what the NCAA did was to send a message, LOUD and CLEAR...protect kids, regardless of any "effect on the program"...stripping the past wins, etc are symbolic gestures, and I think aimed directly at the (former) all-times wins leader, Joe...the bowl ban, scholarship loss and those things are to invoke a culture change....crippling the program will ensure that football is no longer king :-)
Very well said.

It would have never come down to this if the school president, BoD, AD, and JoePa acted in a way to protect the children rather than their own behinds first and foremost. They were more concerned with PSU's prestige and allowing Sandusky to prey on kids on their campus than to report it to the police.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:44 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Then put an asterisk by those wins.

Should we then take away all of the Giants' wins b/c Barry cheated while playing for them?
Not even closely related analogy in my mind. But yes, if the Giants knew he was on cheating steroids, take it away from them and you will send a clear message to all of baseball.

As for the asterisk, do they leave Penn's record as is, with an asterisk leading to a footnote saying "these wins took place while an assistant coach molested children of which he was ultimately convicted of 45 counts and all along, while he was doing that, everyone of authority, that could have and should have brought it to the attention of the authorities, looked the other way, sort of like this symbol :-)"
[Reply]
Starscream 12:14 PM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by Blueface:
As for the asterisk, do they leave Penn's record as is, with an asterisk leading to a footnote saying "these wins took place while an assistant coach molested children of which he was ultimately convicted of 45 counts and all along, while he was doing that, everyone of authority, that could have and should have brought it to the attention of the authorities, looked the other way, sort of like this symbol :-)"
Exactly. Leave it up there for all to see and take note of. Bigger humiliation for those involved than just erasing the record. A modern day Faust tale for all to see what happens when you sell your soul in order to get what you want.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 789
Up