Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>LSU Quiddich.....?
Blak Smyth 01:02 PM 04-17-2012
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
:-) A bird without wings is still a bird, no?
A lizard without legs is a snake :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:05 PM 04-17-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
:-) No, a lizard without legs is lizard without legs. Similarly, a snake with legs is just a snake with legs, which is kind of odd. A tree-climbing-human with exceptional hair growth is not an ape.
[Reply]
TanithT 01:07 PM 04-17-2012
I think it was a good reference, but it is fun. I had to research what LARP was though
I'm an out and proud gamer, and for me larping is the best way to get my exercise and my geek on at the same time. Whacking people with boffer swords is fun. I used to fight in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) and may pick that up again at some point.

Quiddich, though....naah. Not for me. Though chasing a hot guy in gold tights does sound amusing. What do I get to do with him if I catch him? :-)
[Reply]
Jefft72 01:10 PM 04-17-2012
I love the mix of folks present on this forum!

Originally Posted by TanithT:
I'm an out and proud gamer, and for me larping is the best way to get my exercise and my geek on at the same time. Whacking people with boffer swords is fun. I used to fight in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) and may pick that up again at some point.

Quiddich, though....naah. Not for me. Though chasing a hot guy in gold tights does sound amusing. What do I get to do with him if I catch him? :-)

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:19 PM 04-17-2012
Originally Posted by TanithT:

Hey to each their own, I just have an issue with the broom :-)

Originally Posted by Jefft72:
I love the mix of folks present on this forum!
x2

A tree-climbing-human with exceptional hair growth is not an ape.
Or is it? No it's not damn, you win. A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut!

If they had it in a pocket that would be much lamer. With a mitten the hand could still be used to some degree. Neither of these methods, or any similar ones, would hinder movement. If it wasn't for the broom the snitch would be toast withing a few minutes.
They could wear a mitten with a belt loop, wear a limited edition quiddich belt that includes a spells pouch included and other nesscesary accesories.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:25 PM 04-17-2012
Imprimis, I find the idea of college kids playing quiddich no odder than previous generations of them playing 43 Man Squamish.

Secondus, with schools like LSU, Baylor, and Texas Tech involved, it won't be long before the NCAA investigates for sorting-hat violations. :-)
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 01:28 PM 04-17-2012
a snake with legs is just a snake with legs, which is kind of odd.
A snake with legs is a skink :-)
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 01:32 PM 04-17-2012
A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut!
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

:-)
[Reply]
Stephen 01:37 PM 04-17-2012
When will the Hunger Games be starting up on some of these campuses?
[Reply]
Powers 01:42 PM 04-17-2012
I'm sure you're dying to know who is by far the best Quidditch team in the SEC, Brad?? You guessed it: the Florida Gators :-)

Gators came in second place for the 2011 Quidditch World Cup :-)

http://www.alligator.org/news/campus...cc4c03286.html
[Reply]
DaBear 01:45 PM 04-17-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Imprimis, I find the idea of college kids playing quiddich no odder than previous generations of them playing 43 Man Squamish.

Secondus, with schools like LSU, Baylor, and Texas Tech involved, it won't be long before the NCAA investigates for sorting-hat violations. :-)
Its only a matter of time before the likes of Kentucky and Miami start up squads :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:51 PM 04-17-2012
What if two swallows grab it by the husk?
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:54 PM 04-17-2012

They could wear a mitten with a belt loop, wear a limited edition quiddich belt that includes a spells pouch included and other nesscesary accesories.
Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

The belt sounds cool. It could even be yellow and come with a grappling hook.
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
A snake with legs is a skink :-)
Nope. It is a skink. Funny looking little things.
Originally Posted by Stephen:
When will the Hunger Games be starting up on some of these campuses?
Not sure, but zombies is an interesting one to be sure.
[Reply]
Wanger 09:15 AM 04-18-2012
Nope:

Originally Posted by DaBear:
Its only a matter of time before the likes of Kentucky and Miami start up squads :-)
I'd love to see the Miami women's team uniforms. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 07:53 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
I'm sure you're dying to know who is by far the best Quidditch team in the SEC, Brad?? You guessed it: the Florida Gators :-)
Long as it's not FU(&ING Alabama.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:15 AM 06-22-2012
My guess is none of them get drug tested :-)
[Reply]
timj219 08:26 AM 06-22-2012
I could only play that game if I still smoked pot. And it would have to be some pretty good ****.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 09:00 AM 06-22-2012
I will pass. I told my wife who love the movies and books. She gave me a look of wtf and a very stren um no
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up