Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>NFL Training Camp visits?
BeerAdvocate 12:48 PM 07-30-2012
Anyone go to any NFL teams training camps?
I went to the KC Chiefs training camp in St Joseph, MO on Saturday and it was an awsome experience. You are so close to the players and coaches, that you can hear every word. After practice tons of players signed autographs and chatted with fans. It was a great time!
If you are an NFL fan and have a camp within driving distance, I highly suggest checking it out.
[Reply]
Jefft72 12:56 PM 07-30-2012
The family and I went to the Houston Texans camp on Sunday. We didn't stay till the end as the kids were getting fussy. We also have tickets for this Friday's training camp. It was a cool experience to see the players up close, however the kids kept asking when they were going to play the game.
[Reply]
shilala 01:05 PM 07-30-2012
My buddy used to go to Latrobe all the time, I never found time to go. I bet it's awesome!!!
[Reply]
The Poet 01:36 PM 07-30-2012
Though the Jets start their camp in Cortland NY, their REAL camp is so close I could plink holes in their roof with a .22 . . . if I had a .22, that is. But I've no interest in taking part in the Sanchez/Tebow circus that shall likely erupt within easy walking distance of my door.

I just hope it gets no closer than that. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 01:42 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Anyone go to any NFL teams training camps?
I went to the KC Chiefs training camp in St Joseph, MO on Saturday and it was an awsome experience. You are so close to the players and coaches, that you can hear every word. After practice tons of players signed autographs and chatted with fans. It was a great time!
If you are an NFL fan and have a camp within driving distance, I highly suggest checking it out.
You coming up when the Cardinals are in town next week?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:25 PM 07-30-2012
I went to the "Draft Day" a few years ago at FedEx Field. It wasn't training camp but it was awesome. If anybody has a chance to check that out do it. I got to go down on the field and tour the locker rooms (If I wanted to wait in line for the locker room tour). I still have some blades of grass from the Redskins field. I got to meet Chris Cooley, Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams. I was wearing a Sean Taylor jersey and I had Gregg Williams sign it, Joe Gibbs refused for some reason. Later that year Sean Taylor was killed, I will treasure that jersey.
[Reply]
363 02:34 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I went to the "Draft Day" a few years ago at FedEx Field. It wasn't training camp but it was awesome. If anybody has a chance to check that out do it. I got to go down on the field and tour the locker rooms (If I wanted to wait in line for the locker room tour). I still have some blades of grass from the Redskins field. I got to meet Chris Cooley, Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams. I was wearing a Sean Taylor jersey and I had Gregg Williams sign it, Joe Gibbs refused for some reason. Later that year Sean Taylor was killed, I will treasure that jersey.
Well I am not far from FedEx so if you ever wanna come back down I'll head over with ya!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:38 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by 363:
Well I am not far from FedEx so if you ever wanna come back down I'll head over with ya!
I was thinking of going to a game this year, I take the train down and walk to the stadium.
[Reply]
363 02:42 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I was thinking of going to a game this year, I take the train down and walk to the stadium.
Just let me know
[Reply]
Up