Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Reserva Miraflor Habano Oscuro Corona...
issues 01:57 PM 07-15-2010
I was gifted this cigar by Dennis (joetownhound) and asked to write a review.

I could not find much information about this cigar other than the creator (our own Andy Madera) and this little snippet from www.texcigars.com:

Originally Posted by :
The Reserva Miraflor is a wonderful Nicaraguan puro, all of the tobacco throughout the construction is from Nicaragua. The rollers at GDW's Esteli factory are the highest paid rollers in Nicaragua and the end product shows it. These cigars are perfectly constructed. All of the Reserva Miraflor are rolled 'en tubado' meaning that each leaf is rolled into a tube before the cigars are bunched, this is the traditional rolling method from Cuba and it ensures air flow through the cigar. The habano oscuro wrapper on these cigars is a reddish brown and it is nice and oily.

Size: 5×42, Corona

Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Nicaraguan

Strength: Medium

Price: Unknown

This cigar was acquired by Dennis in June of 2009 and has a very rustic look with a toothy, reddish-brown wrapper with minimal veining. The stick looks to be constructed to perfection with no soft spots and a wonderful cedar and rich tobacco smell. After a shallow cut this cigar showed the perfect amount of resistance with a nice cedar flavor on the cold draw.

On the initial light I get a strong flavor of coffee along with a tangy cedar finish. The rertohale has some bite but the body remains on the low side of medium. It takes little effort to get mouthfuls of smoke. The ash layers beautifully with a nice medium grey color. After a few puffs I began to get a creamy leather taste with the coffee flavor taking a back seat.

The ash holds strong through the first third and drops off at around an inch and a half. The flavors started to turn to coffee and cocoa in the second third. While approaching the halfway point, I began to pick up some spice and a wonderful creaminess that was quite pleasant. The burn is razor sharp and the ash is well packed.

In the final third the strength begins to ramp up and the spice becomes a bit more apparent although I am picking up less bite through the sinuses. Cedar, cocoa and cream are dominant while the coffee flavor was only noticeable on the finish. I smoked it down to about a quarter inch before putting it down without it getting overly hot or the flavor turning ashy.

In conclusion, this is a very nice smoke that deserves more attention. A razor-sharp burn and perfect draw with enough complexity to keep a seasoned smoker interested. This medium-bodied, full-flavored smoke is appropriate for a nice morning pick-me-up or an after dinner treat. Total smoke time was 55 minutes. I hope to be able to get my hands on a few more of these as this was a very enjoyable cigar! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:18 PM 07-15-2010
I love these!! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:24 PM 07-15-2010
Sounds Like A Great Smoke! Nice Review!:-)
[Reply]
bigdix 07:28 PM 07-15-2010
Sounds like I might have to try and get my hands on a couple of those. Thanks for the review, brother!
[Reply]
sofaman 04:47 AM 07-16-2010
I love these cigars too they have great Nic flavor :-)
[Reply]
joetownhound 07:29 PM 07-18-2010
I must agree this is a great stick.
[Reply]
dubnick 08:08 PM 07-18-2010
Nice review.... And I enjoy these as well
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 08:38 PM 07-18-2010
These are very tasty... I like the 6x60 the most tho
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:29 PM 07-18-2010
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:34 AM 07-19-2010
I love these too. I wish I could get more.
[Reply]
Up