Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Veggie trays... a rant
theycallmedan'lboone 03:57 PM 12-09-2008
So, this past weekend I went up to Nashville with my soon to be HouseHold6 for her Drill weekend. (fiance, name: Amy)
Blah blah, bass proshops, opryland hotel, Smoke and Ale, and Stogies, I drop money in all 4 places, as is to be expected. BTW if you ever get the chance to hit up stogies, its a great place. Well on Sunday, Amy asked me to go grab a veggie tray for the little Christmas party her unit was having. Sure, no problem google:KROGERS, drive, find tray, buy tray, no issue right? (by the way veggie trays are 20 bucks? WTF?!) I keep a pretty tight rein on my finances, almost OCDish, to know how much dough I've got. Well being the genius I am, I forgot the direct TV bill comes out this past weekend... (just started the automatic payments...) and so when everything including direct tv bill, is on hold total is $121 bucks and some change, leaving me with 18 dollars in my account(I almost always drop to the teens in my checking, savings is...elsewhere) So Sunday when I purchased the damned veggie tray, I use debit, comes out immediately, putting me in the negative... 25 dollar fee. So when 121 and change clears, all of those purchases pick up 25 dollar fees, all because of some stupid veggie tray, that didn't even get TOUCHED/opened... really... not at all.. I'm in the hole in my checking:-):-):-) now I've got to go dig up some mason jars so I can get back above ZERO... damnit I'm pissed...and it's all my fault... or my womans fault... however you look at it... GRRRR! :-):-):-) I guess it's time to send my problems away :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 04:01 PM 12-09-2008
What is a veggie tray? I imagine it's a tray full of horse food? Southern thing?
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 04:09 PM 12-09-2008

just less...
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 04:16 PM 12-09-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:

just less...
Ugh, no mas.
[Reply]
AD720 07:04 PM 12-09-2008
They are expensive, I'll give you that, but making one yourself is a thankless job. It takes forever, people eat all the carrots and then you throw away the cauliflower.
[Reply]
parafumar 07:49 PM 12-09-2008
cauliflower is edible?
[Reply]
Cigary 12:12 AM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by parafumar:
cauliflower is edible?
Only when they come in a California Gift Pak where they are sitting in a hot sauce with other veg's.
[Reply]
silentjon 04:50 AM 12-10-2008
This is why I don't eat vegetables.
[Reply]
dccraft 05:49 AM 12-10-2008
Cauliflower should be elimated from all food groups and should only be fed to livestock!!:-)
[Reply]
silentjon 05:51 AM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by dccraft:
Cauliflower should be elimated from all food groups and should only be fed to livestock!!:-)
I believe that is animal cruelty.
[Reply]
acarr 08:39 AM 12-10-2008
That is rabbit food not horse food
[Reply]
Lumpold 09:11 AM 12-10-2008
You could have made something prettier and tastier with 5lbs of bacon.
[Reply]
GKitty 09:17 AM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by Lumpold:
You could have made something prettier and tastier with 5lbs of bacon.
:-) bacon

Always a winner with bacon.
[Reply]
rizzle 10:11 AM 12-10-2008
Dan'l, you look like a fairly youg feller, so if you'll allow me to impart a little wisdom to you...

1) You've got to keep more cash in your checking account than the teens. Otherwise you're just asking for trouble. Unfortunately looks as though you found it in this instance.

2) Anytime you buy a veggie tray, or cru d'ete, for a party, at the end of the party the cru d'ete will have been sampled the least.

3) Puppies will chew anything they can get their teeth on.

:-)
[Reply]
Up