Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Hmm, what to do on -2 degree
WyoBob 04:03 PM 12-08-2008
The wind is blowing 40 mph and we have a windchill of minus 2 degrees f. Hmm, what to do?

Answer: Light up a fine cigar, pop a cold one and shoot 6 inch dia. foam plates at 7 yards in my garage with my 1911 airsoft while listening to Slacker radio on the computer. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it:-)

WyoBob

[Reply]
TripleF 04:19 PM 12-08-2008
Now that's what I call a smart use of one's time and creative resources!!

Wish I were there with you!! :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 04:52 PM 12-08-2008
Amen brother,,,its not quite that cold here in Atlanta but it is 26 at night and that's cold enough for me.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 04:57 PM 12-08-2008
11* here east of you on the thruway. At least we arent getting ass pounded with snow yet.
[Reply]
kayak_rat 05:10 PM 12-08-2008
6"???? Come on now, why not just bring in the side of a barn???? I am hoping you are playing the ricochet at least....... :-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:51 PM 12-08-2008
I've been sleeping 12 hours a day. I'm goin to bed right now.
Tomorrow is supposed to be warm, so I'm gonna get up early and get outside and get some work done. Hibernating kicks ass. :-)
[Reply]
AD720 06:08 PM 12-08-2008
It's about 22 here, luckily no wind today. It was cold and really windy yesterday.

It's always nice in the garage though!
[Reply]
WyoBob 06:50 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by kayak_rat:
6"???? Come on now, why not just bring in the side of a barn???? I am hoping you are playing the ricochet at least....... :-)
No ricochet. I shoot over my shoulder with a mirror while standing on one leg:-)

I don't do too bad for an old guy, though. Best time for draw at the buzzer and down 5 plates is 3.76 seconds using my 9mm STI 1911, so far, but I hope to do better with a bit of practice.

WyoBob
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:09 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by WyoBob:
No ricochet. I shoot over my shoulder with a mirror while standing on one leg:-)

I don't do too bad for an old guy, though. Best time for draw at the buzzer and down 5 plates is 3.76 seconds using my 9mm STI 1911, so far, but I hope to do better with a bit of practice.

WyoBob
Just make sure you are using the airsoft equipment instead of the real McCoy. it would make a hell of a mess if you didn't.
[Reply]
shilala 08:19 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Just make sure you are using the airsoft equipment instead of the real McCoy. it would make a hell of a mess if you didn't.
We burned wood when I was a kid. My brother and I were under house arrest every fall until the back half of the basement was full of wood.
The basement was long, and the wood pile provided both an archery range and shooting range.
We only shot .22 caps and snake shot inside, though. :-)
I still have the single shot Groundhog Special .22 longt rifle we used.
I can still put one in a rabbit's head at 100 yards with open sights, but nowadays it takes a few extra rounds. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:56 PM 12-08-2008
Sounds like a good time!
[Reply]
Up