Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>BYOB and Cigar Shops
HawkEye19 10:40 AM 02-03-2009
A buddy and I were discussing this, and figured out neither one of us really know the answer. Are there unwritten rules about this does it vary from state to state (needless to say, I'm most curious about Minnesota), do you just ask the guy at the counter..

Thanks
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:42 AM 02-03-2009
Well it is typically up to the store owner so asking may be the best option. There are some shops here in CO that don't allow it and some owners that could care less. Then there are some the allow it, but only in the members areas...
[Reply]
gpugliese 10:44 AM 02-03-2009
Are you talking beer or beverages? Beverages, I'd say it's up to the store owner. Beer, it's going to vary state to state, as often times permits are required for alcoholic beverages.
[Reply]
uptown_isy 10:46 AM 02-03-2009
In my store, customers are allowed to BYOB. We are not allowed to sell or distribute booze.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:49 AM 02-03-2009
It's generally allow at my B&M, and for sure allowed if it's something he likes to drink :-)
[Reply]
silentjon 10:49 AM 02-03-2009
The owners at my B&M allow it. I have two bottles in my locker. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 10:54 AM 02-03-2009
It's allowed around here... just make sure you buy it next door at the B&M owner's liquor store. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:57 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
It's allowed around here... just make sure you buy it next door at the B&M owner's liquor store. :-)
:-) nice!
[Reply]
Scottw 11:04 AM 02-03-2009
My B & M permits beer / wine / booze consumption with no issues at all.
[Reply]
Yazzie 11:22 AM 02-03-2009
That sounds fair
[Reply]
gnukfu 12:16 PM 02-03-2009
Yeah, how convenient is that? :-)
[Reply]
dunng 12:41 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
Yeah, how convenient is that? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Raralith 12:48 PM 02-03-2009
I brought a flask once to a lounge, and I got the stink eye. Maybe it was the store owner, but I can't think of anything in California that would prohibit this. The store itself wasn't selling me any anyways.
[Reply]
Footbag 01:48 PM 02-03-2009
As I understand the laws, a business can allow drinking and even serve alcohol (free) on their premises. No license is needed, unless you are charging.

It is a good idea to take a look at your insurance policy and make sure you are covered for some of the worst case scenarios, before tapping the kegs.
[Reply]
livwire68 01:53 PM 02-03-2009
We use to be able to here. Then after an event someone reported it, a bunch of shops were hit and now they are gun shy. I still bring in a coffee mug with something when I visit.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 02:04 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Raralith:
I brought a flask once to a lounge, and I got the stink eye. Maybe it was the store owner, but I can't think of anything in California that would prohibit this. The store itself wasn't selling me any anyways.
Where was that? We need to stop going there! LOL
[Reply]
alley00p 02:15 PM 02-03-2009
My B&M, ViBratto's, allows "cigar customers" to bring in a bottle of wine, spirits or beer. The owner's rule is "If you want to bring something to drink in here, you better be buying a stick (or more)".

There is a wine shop next door and a lot of strangers buy a bottle and come walking in, asking if they can sit and drink the wine because the wine shop has a no smoking policy. That's where the owner's rule comes into play.

Regulars are always allowed (and encouraged!) to bring in a good single malt scotch or single barrel bourbon to share with their friends. :-)

This is where I have been learning all the fine points of single malts! :-)

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Darrell 02:18 PM 02-03-2009
We allow it at the shop I work at, just don't get stupid drunk. :-)
[Reply]
GWags 02:24 PM 02-03-2009
I think around these parts they have to have a "consumption permit"
[Reply]
TRicker 06:01 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
We allow it at the shop I work at, just don't get stupid drunk. :-)
Thats the only reason I drink!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up