Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking Indoors: Tips Tricks Do's and Don'ts
Slavac 10:33 PM 10-03-2009
As I sat shivering outside tonight smoking a Tat I realized it's going to be too damn cold to smoke outside comfortably.

So, lay your tips/tricks/insight on me on the winter cigar issue. Where do you go? Do you smoke indoors? How do you manage the smell?

Thanks fellas (and ladies)
[Reply]
bookman 10:34 PM 10-03-2009
Ozium, baby, Ozium. And sheets over the furniture.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:59 PM 10-03-2009
I will keep posting this over and over until someone does it with pics..

Paper towel roll, stuffed with snuggies dryer sheets :-) :-)
[Reply]
borndead1 11:01 PM 10-03-2009
Tiny fan in the window (blowing out of course).

Air purifier.

Deodorizing carpet powder when you vacuum.

When you're done smoking, open windows and doors for a few minutes and turn fans on. Yeah, it'll get cold for a few minutes, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

FWIW, my place doesn't smell "good", but it ain't bad. :-)
[Reply]
bookman 11:04 PM 10-03-2009
I just poop on the floor.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 11:05 PM 10-03-2009
I open a window, put a fan near the couch or chair and blow most of the smoke out the window. When I'm done I light some incense or a candle. My wife and I both smoke cigars but we smoke at most one a day so this handles any smoke odors. What's left is minimal - in fact when I come home from work I catch just a hint of B&M goodness.
[Reply]
bookman 11:11 PM 10-03-2009
I write voodoo shites on the wall with bloody chicken blood and place a lot of calf livers wrapped in bloodied panties from the dollar store around. No one seems to mind the smell that way. And if some people mind the smell I shoot em, make it look like a murder/suicide, inject coke through the toes and the cops blame it on some drug deal gone wrong.

Does that help?
[Reply]
DoctorBJ 11:15 PM 10-03-2009
I rarely smoke indoors, but have noticed that cleaning out the butts/ashtrays asap and not leaving them around really makes a difference with the smell. Don't just throw them out in the house, take that crap outside.
[Reply]
bookman 11:19 PM 10-03-2009
I have a record. I'm not proud of it, but I have it. Some day, when the ms. girlfriend complains about the cigar smoke I wll just say "Oh, yeah, well at least I'm not _______ some ______ anymore!"

Dude, ya gotta have a fail-safe.
[Reply]
borndead1 11:21 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by bookman:
I have a record. I'm not proud of it, but I have it. Some day, when the ms. girlfriend complains about the cigar smoke I wll just say "Oh, yeah, well at least I'm not _______ some ______ anymore!"

Dude, ya gotta have a fail-safe.

bookman = :-)
[Reply]
Slavac 11:24 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
His speedometer has two settings.

0 and WTF.

He can get to WTF in 8 seconds flat.
[Reply]
eber 11:26 PM 10-03-2009
I have a window fan in my den (man cave if you will) and have that on med-high depending on how many people are smoking. I also have a Hunter air purifier (filter) running on low almost all the time, you can tell I smoke in there but that is what the room is for so I dont mind that, however if you want to get rid of the smell I have found that the smokers candles that wal mart sells work wonders, they dont impart a strong fragrance but somehow they really work well at removing the smoke smell. they are usually in the checkout lane where you buy cigarettes
[Reply]
bookman 11:26 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
I redact my last statement. I was in Haiti at the time of the shooting.

I only told you the victim was murdered. How'd you know the victim was shot?

I. don't. Know.

:-)
[Reply]
bookman 11:27 PM 10-03-2009
Seriously, Brad. ozium. Works like a charm.
[Reply]
Azpostal 12:07 AM 10-04-2009
Cold? I don't understand? This is almost the nice to go outside at time here.
[Reply]
colimo 12:28 AM 10-04-2009
Several thoughts come to mind brad,

1. get rid of all your cigars, ( which you seem to be doing a good job of) that way you wont have any to tempt you to smoke....
2. i tend to smoke less as we get into winter and it does get too cold outside...so i smoke a few in either bars or B&Ms where it is allowed..
3. if you have to do it outside, you can buy an outdoor space heater at either sam's club, costco or similar or a used one on Craig's list for around $ 150.00, which can make it somewhat bearable to smoke outside.
4. if you are going to smoke inside, some kind of air purifier/filtrations system or cover up is essential...

good luck
[Reply]
heavyd 01:04 AM 10-04-2009
I use a space heater and smoke smaller cigars (thus less time outside). You mentioned that you like Tatuajes. Tat Petites are great short smokes, Angeles too.

By the time you start to freeze, you're done :-)
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 05:32 AM 10-04-2009
We have a Trane HVAC system. When we had it installed, we also installed a Trane electrostatic air purifier. It was pricey but it's amazing. Never ANY smells in our house, and I smoke a cigar per day.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:12 AM 10-04-2009
jenn-air cooktop. their vents will suck that smoke right outta there. wife-approved! :-)
[Reply]
acarr 09:51 AM 10-04-2009
Move to Arizona and smoke all year round outside.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up