Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 129 of 270
« First < 2979119127128129 130131139179229 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Steve 03:19 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Oh I have an itch that can only be cured by a rib cook. I think I will go to Sam's tomorrow and pick up a case!!! The heat/humidity be damned!!!
Then you are a braver man than I sir!

Of course, the up side is there should be NO problem holding temp :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:51 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
Then you are a braver man than I sir!
I know brother... but I NEED some ribs!!! I just got 5lbs of Yardbird rub, 5lbs of Bovine Bold, and a gallon of Blues Hog sauce. I just can't take it:-)
[Reply]
GWN 07:21 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by GWN:
Going for some chicken quarters tonight.
Grabbed a couple of premade rubs out the cupboard and mixed up another one for those who don't like things too hot. Made with some awesome paprika from a Polish deli around the corner, some mustard, garlic and other spices. Everything sitting in the fridge now awaiting the grill.

Forgot to post the rest of the afternoon.

Loading the smoker with a nice mojito and LFDC Selectos

Gettin' there

Ready for the table
[Reply]
GWN 07:21 PM 08-04-2011
And finally, dessert!
[Reply]
jledou 05:12 AM 08-05-2011
Temps here are back down under 100 for the weekend, stocked up on wood chips yesterday, now it's time head to the store to see what the winner is for this weekend.
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:42 AM 08-05-2011
I know brother... but I NEED some ribs!!! I just got 5lbs of Yardbird rub, 5lbs of Bovine Bold, and a gallon of Blues Hog sauce. I just can't take it:-)
Love the PlowBoys rubs!....never tried the Blues Hog....yet!

Originally Posted by GWN:
And finally, dessert!
Now that my friend, is what I call DESSERT!!
[Reply]
tupacboy 10:16 AM 08-05-2011
gonna try some gunpowder rub on some ribs this weekend.... we don't have it here so i'm gonna try Steve Elke recipe... i'll let you guys know how it comes out...
[Reply]
fxpose 10:41 AM 08-05-2011
I'm slowly getting the hang of the UDS, smoking over direct heat (as intended with UDS's) vs using a heat barrier or diffuser. I'm trying different methods with each cook.

Last night I did some wings and beef ribs which I picked up at Costco. The ribs were in for 4.5 hours at 240F.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:57 AM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by fxpose:
Wow, those look fantastic.
[Reply]
BigAsh 01:25 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by fxpose:
I'm slowly getting the hang of the UDS, smoking over direct heat (as intended with UDS's) vs using a heat barrier or diffuser. I'm trying different methods with each cook.

Last night I did some wings and beef ribs which I picked up at Costco. The ribs were in for 4.5 hours at 240F.

yep, looks like you're having a real tough time there...NOT!.....Nice ribs!:-)
[Reply]
fxpose 02:13 PM 08-05-2011
Thanks guys! I'm having tons of fun with the drum smoker. I think I've punched enough holes in the drum and plugged up old ones experimenting with grates and diffuser placement....lol..
[Reply]
forgop 03:35 PM 08-05-2011
Looks like I'll be firing up the WSM next weekend as we're expecting about 30 people over after church. I'll probably throw on a couple of butts for sure and other meat will probably be burgers/brats/hot dogs. Might make my first attempt at some baked beans on the smoker....

Trying to decide for sure what to do-welcome any suggestions you might have.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:41 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Love the PlowBoys rubs!....never tried the Blues Hog....yet!
Did I say Blues Hog... uh I meant Hog Blues... no Bog Hues... no Blog Uwes!!! Yeah that's it!!!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:43 PM 08-05-2011
Oh... I picked up the case of ribs today along with a bunch of chicken thighs. Gonna pick a bunch of japs in the morning for ABTs and will be eating high on the hog tomorrow night!!
[Reply]
Scothew 04:03 PM 08-05-2011
Right on Brent!
[Reply]
tupacboy 12:34 AM 08-08-2011
the ribs i made were a bit salty then I liked... any tips on some stew or something that i can do with the leftovers? I have 1 rack left...
[Reply]
Killian 09:53 AM 08-08-2011
Smoked a pack of CSR's, a pork loin, and a meatloaf yesterday on the WSM. Should be set for the week now. :-)
I've got to say that the ease and consistency of pork loin can't be beat! It is becoming one of my favorites.
[Reply]
tupacboy 09:48 AM 08-09-2011
so i took the last rack of ribs... tore it into bits.... 4 cups of chicken stock... 2 cups of diced tomatoes... 3 carrots diced... 3 celery stocks diced.... had 2 cups of mixed beans soaking in water for a few hours...threw it in all in a big pot... with some oregano, paresely, and thyme... boiled for 3 hrs... threw some barley in there... and came out with an amazing stew :-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 08:54 PM 08-10-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Looks like I'll be firing up the WSM next weekend as we're expecting about 30 people over after church. I'll probably throw on a couple of butts for sure and other meat will probably be burgers/brats/hot dogs. Might make my first attempt at some baked beans on the smoker....

Trying to decide for sure what to do-welcome any suggestions you might have.
Hog Apple baked beans on smoker!
3 or 4 slices bacon, diced
2 (16 oz) cans pork and beans, mostly drained (modified to 2 28-oz cans Bush's Baked Beans - see note below)
1/2 c. Blues Hog BBQ Sauce (or other sweet-spicy favorite)
1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage
1 can apple pie filling (chop up the big chunks some)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. Mustard (prepared)
1 tsp chipotle or cayenne powder (optional, to taste*)
1 tsp Blues Hog barbecue rub (or your favorite de jour)

Brown bacon, and saute onion and green pepper in bacon grease. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 325º for 1 hour, or simmer on stovetop in large pot for 30 minutes if you don't have time to do them in the oven. Serves 12.
A couple hours in the WSM till thickened.

*This is a rather spicy recipe due to the chipotle/cayenne powder. Feel free to leave it out if you'll be feeding those who prefer a less spicy taste.
[Reply]
Steve 08:58 PM 08-10-2011
Oh... I picked up the case of ribs today along with a bunch of chicken thighs. Gonna pick a bunch of japs in the morning for ABTs and will be eating high on the hog tomorrow night!!
How did those ribs turn out Brent?

I nieghbor droped off a mess of pecan wood for me this evening. As soon as it starts to cool off a bit, I'm going to fire off the big girl myself. When are you going to be up in my neck of the woods again?
[Reply]
Page 129 of 270
« First < 2979119127128129 130131139179229 > Last »
Up