Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>What happened to flight 370
AdamJoshua 07:45 PM 03-18-2014
So it is starting to become obnoxious with the terrorism / hijacking theories on network news, is this just to build up the spectre of terrorism or something?

Below is linked a very good piece by a veteran pilot with his thoughts and theories, it seems pretty straight forward and grounded in known facts regarding flight emergencies, while not as scary as "SOMEONE IN COCKPIT RE-ROUTED FLIGHT!!!" or "MYSTERY FLIGHT ENGINEER WAS PASSENGER" it does actually make sense and seems to have a high level of probability.

My question is why aren't any of the news outlets or officials talking about an emergency in flight, not just about who was on the plane, seems rather odd to me.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03...ectrical-fire/
[Reply]
Remo 07:47 PM 03-18-2014
I am going with real life "Lost" :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:57 PM 03-18-2014
Based on what I saw in the news tonight, the US and Australia are searching a spot out in the South Indian Ocean that I believe corresponds with what this guys says in the article. Unfortunately level headed, clear thoughts don't sell news. People crave sensationalism now. So that's what they're going to give them.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:02 PM 03-18-2014
Scare tactics and terrorism sell, without a doubt. That being said these are real missing people and some of these pinheads are clueless and I'm not just talking "reporters".
[Reply]
big_jaygee 08:10 PM 03-18-2014
that was a interesting read and does make since
[Reply]
Remo 08:13 PM 03-18-2014
Good article.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:19 PM 03-18-2014
There is an interesting article linked under "How It’s Possible to Lose an Airplane in 2014", also interesting, I never realized there is no radar tracking of airplanes over the ocean.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/malaysia-air/
[Reply]
Ogre 08:44 PM 03-18-2014
I don't agree with his theory about a fire taking out the transponder. The copilot made a radio transmission 20 minutes after the transponders were turned off. Also, the engine manufacture stated that the plane flew for hours after radar contact was lost. I still believe in the plane being taken for another purpose. I don't know where it's at or the condition of the passengers, but I just hope they find it soon.
[Reply]
RUNYYFan 09:05 PM 03-18-2014
There is something else going on with this plane, the flight plan, the captain and first officer, and the situation surrounding it. Some of the more deep channel discussions have included this being a dry run test to identify the reactions of governments and agencies for use in future planning. Others have suggested this is a black flag ops to draw attention away from the Crimea and Caucasus region.

For those interested, the Professional Pilots' Rumor Network (PPRuNE) forum thread is most captivating. It's at almost 300 pages and there is a huge amount of technical jargon in the posts, but still quite fascinating to read: http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5...tact-lost.html
[Reply]
TJarv 09:44 PM 03-18-2014
I'm going with the theory I overheard from the tv during lunch yesterday which brought up aliens
[Reply]
jhedrick83 09:47 PM 03-18-2014
First and foremost, I feel for all those who have relatives on that flight as I can't imagine what they must be going through. Having said that, this intrigues the sh!t out of me. There are so many possibilities and so few hard clues. I hope the can figure it out one way or another and god forbid it's being prepped for some other use. That is a great article, thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
jsnake 10:13 PM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
I am going with real life "Lost" :-)
I have been thinking the same thing all week. So much far fetched speculation out there. I just hope those people are alive and safe somewhere. Hopefully soon we will get some facts.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:22 PM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by TJarv:
I'm going with the theory I overheard from the tv during lunch yesterday which brought up aliens
This was what I posed on FB the other day so yah ....

[Reply]
TJarv 09:08 PM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
This was what I posed on FB the other day so yah ....

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
MrClean 09:23 AM 03-20-2014
Thanks for those links Adam, interesting reads for sure. Too bad the media loves to over-speculate. I sure hope they get the families some answers soon.
[Reply]
Up