Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Your first cigar
big a 09:20 PM 02-02-2009
Let’s hear some stores of the first time you smoked a cigar.

One of my best friends started smoking cigars. It was a Friday night and we were all hanging out throwing the football around. My buddy says "I just got a box of cigars, want to smoke one." I think of how good the cigars stores always smell when I walk by. So I was curious as to how they taste and what they were all about so I figured why not. So he pulls out a brand new box of CAO gold churchills. He shows me the way of cutting, lighting, ect. After that first full draw I was hooked. Have been smoking since and have started to hit the slope hard. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:25 PM 02-02-2009
My love/addiction began in February 2006. I was at work and my ex did something to severly piss me off and it resulted in me slamming my cell phone down on the coffee table. On the bounce it hit the ceiling it multiple pieces. My partner on the Ambulance advised me I needed to find a stress reliever and fast. We then went down to Smokin' Sam's on Caroline Street in Saratoga Springs and he bought me my first cigar which was a Fonseca. I have been addicted ever since.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:31 PM 02-02-2009
If I remember, it was a Cuesta Rey, something in the 6" x 44 catagory. I was sitting in the backyard smoking it while reviewing an investigation file. I really started enjoying the smoke, so much, that it was placing me in the zone. It was early afternoon, and the cigar, soda, and that great afternoon seemed to make so much more sense than working on that file. Needless to say, I closed my file and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon (and the Cuesta Rey):-)
[Reply]
groogs 09:36 PM 02-02-2009
My first Cigar was on the golf course about 10 years ago. I was golfing with a good friend and his uncle. Uncle D brought some AVO Maduros (I think they were AVO Maduros:-))and we all smoked one as we played the round.

I smoked a cigar here and there for the next few years, and then about three years ago I stoped by the local shop and picked up a Padron 2000 maduro and I have never looked back. I started out slow, and then I found the old board and went head first down the slope.

I think this is the best hobby I have ever started. I have met so many good friends and had more great times with a diverse crowd than I ever thought was possible. When I told my wife I was going to a herf she almost fainted, because I am the last person who wants to gather with crowds, but there is just something about cigars that draws people together.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 09:42 PM 02-02-2009
my first cigar was probably a black and mild or a backwoods or something along those lines. my first premium cigar was a cumbres de puriscal

my grandpa had purchased it as a gift for a friend. but the friend passed before he got it to him. so he gave it to me. So gramps, this is all your fault
[Reply]
papajohn67 10:06 PM 02-02-2009
March 1967. Hard to remember the brand but a machine made packed in a sundries box and dumped out of a chopper on re-supply while on an extened vacation with the 101st in Vietnam.
[Reply]
Dan 10:28 PM 02-02-2009
Friend was graduating and bought a few Gisperts for us to try. First time for both of us, it was awesome. That's all I got.
[Reply]
Chompers 11:06 PM 02-02-2009
It was on my 19th bday and my friends 18th bday. I told him we should smoke a cigar and we drove to the nearest smoke shop and told the old leathery woman that we wanted the biggest/fastest cigar she had. It was a decent size and we went back to his house and smoked some of it(smoked it extremely fast because we were going to meet up with some friends) and while we were driving to meet up with them I tossed it because it tasted like ****.

But when I tried it again(one year later) I was hooked.
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 12:23 AM 02-03-2009
I was 16 and had a big fight with my mom so I "Moved out." I checked myself into a motel and was bored that night so I picked up a pack of White Owls. Smoked one and got so sick (of course I inhaled). Fast forward a couple of dozen years, picked up the habit again but this time with better result. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 04:54 AM 02-03-2009
It was 1997 and I had a Royal Jamaican (HUGE sitck / old blend) at my friend's graduation party... I was hooked! As well I had a few Macanudo Portofino's... :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 05:00 AM 02-03-2009
MC A after a celebration dinner
[Reply]
TripleF 05:58 AM 02-03-2009
Don't actually remember.......it was given to me by a gentleman in a park in CT. I do remember it being reeeeeeeeeeeeeeal good, prompting me to try more. :-)
[Reply]
Java 05:59 AM 02-03-2009
Onyx Reserve. Its what got me started.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 06:08 AM 02-03-2009
A friend and I used to steal swisher sweets from his dad's truck when he was passed out drunk. We'd smoke them behind the old K-Mart. When I was 18 I walked into a Cigar shop and the owner treated me right. He didn't talk down to me, and actually talked me out of some buying mistakes. That was about 14 years ago and I've been hooked ever since.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 06:34 AM 02-03-2009
I had some crappy arturo fuentes and CAOs, I was about to drop cigars all together until that Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur maduro taught me what cigars are all about.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:35 AM 02-03-2009
Probably something crappy like a Swisher Sweet or Dutch Masters. The first decent cigar I had was an Onyx Reserve.
[Reply]
fatboy05 07:56 AM 02-03-2009
It was at a wedding and my uncle who smokes was passing out punch rothchild maduros. Ended up smoking 2 and that was it.now I partake daily and have a full 28 vinotemp.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mi2az 07:59 AM 02-03-2009
It was Back in High School or Late Junior High, but it was a SwisherSweet. Does that count as a Cigar ?
[Reply]
Boobar 08:05 AM 02-03-2009
For Valentines day 2007 my wife got me my first humidor and a 3-pack of La Flor de Ynclan Churchills. It has been a downhill slide ever since. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:10 AM 02-03-2009
Absolutely no idea.

Edit: Does that make me weird?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up