Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 48 of 142
« First < 38464748 49505898 > Last »
Entertainment>What are you listening to?
MajorCaptSilly 05:01 AM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by D. Generate:
A few that I cycled through today:

Volbeat - stoked to see some others listening to this great Danish band. If you haven't heard them you are missing out.

Warren Zevon

Mastodon

Murder City Devils

Flaming Lips
I think you and I would have some great listening parties. Anyone who can mix the Volbeat with the Zevon with the Mastadon is eclectic enough for me!

MCS
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 05:05 AM 03-24-2010
Television "Marquee Moon" album will be on all day today.

MCS
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:59 AM 03-24-2010
Prince - Come
KillWhitneyDead - Nothing Less, Nothing More
Prince - The Slaughterhouse
Danzig - Lucifuge
Samhain - November Coming Fire
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:02 PM 03-24-2010
A little Husker du and some other forgotten stuff.
[Reply]
e-man67 01:07 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Television "Marquee Moon" album will be on all day today.

MCS
Fantastic Album!
[Reply]
Steve 01:08 PM 03-24-2010
My iPOD on shuffle
[Reply]
e-man67 01:11 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Prince - Come
KillWhitneyDead - Nothing Less, Nothing More
Prince - The Slaughterhouse
Danzig - Lucifuge
Samhain - November Coming Fire
I saw Danzig when he released Lucifuge many years ago...what an awesome show! Saw The Misfits recently (Oct) with Jerry Only and that was a great show as well.
[Reply]
D_A 01:14 PM 03-24-2010
Phish - Hampton, Va 03/06/09
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:17 PM 03-24-2010
A GG Allin cassette GG himself gave in '86 that I plan to sell on EBay. Just wanted to make sure it plays before listing.
[Reply]
jmsremax 01:50 PM 03-24-2010
Fellas/Gals,

I have been listening to classical music more and more lately...specifically the piano. I have listened to a few pieces from Chopin and Beethoven. Can anyone else recommend a few other composers to listen to. Thanks!

Oh, and I am currently listening to Beethoven's piano sonata no. 14 in C#-
[Reply]
AD720 01:55 PM 03-24-2010
Beta Band - Dry The Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsbR2dEmHGc
[Reply]
The Poet 02:02 PM 03-24-2010
Jumpin' Jack Flash is a gas gas gas!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:17 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
\ Can anyone else recommend a few other composers to listen to. Thanks!
I adore Chopin but could never master much of his work. I should give a couple pieces a go sometime. Oh ya, I don't have a piano at my condo...

A few to consider:

Mahler

Schubert

Tchaikovsky
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 03:56 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
I saw Danzig when he released Lucifuge many years ago...what an awesome show! Saw The Misfits recently (Oct) with Jerry Only and that was a great show as well.
Wicked! :-)

I am a HUGE Danzig fan:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:03 PM 03-24-2010
I am a HUGE Danzig fan:-)
I have made a lot of money over the years selling Misfits record. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:06 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I adore Chopin but could never master much of his work. I should give a couple pieces a go sometime. Oh ya, I don't have a piano at my condo...

A few to consider:

Mahler

Schubert

Tchaikovsky
A few of my faves also include Franz Josef Haydn and Felix Mendelssohn. If you like Baroque music, you can't go wrong with Johann Sebastian Bach, Telemann, Handel, or Vivaldi.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 04:15 PM 03-24-2010
I have made a lot of money over the years selling Misfits record. :-)
How's that?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:53 PM 03-24-2010
How's that?
I have/had a massive collection of hardcore and punk rock records. Everything from Skrewdriver to SS Decontrol. Signed Black Flag fliers, got it. Cromag's demo tapes, had plenty. Bad Brains rarities, all sorts of stuff... Original photos...

I use to publish a fanzine and knew every Hardcore band by first name for a while. At one point, I saw Misfits records selling cheap and stocked up. This back in '87, but in the last few years thought it was time to start selling them. Evilive is permanently engraved into my brain, so I have no need for them. I don't mean I made 100K from Misfits records but a 3-4K at least just from them. Not bad for records that sold for $10.
[Reply]
jmsremax 07:20 PM 03-24-2010
I have/had a massive collection of hardcore and punk rock records. Everything from Skrewdriver to SS Decontrol. Signed Black Flag fliers, got it. Cromag's demo tapes, had plenty. Bad Brains rarities, all sorts of stuff... Original photos...

I use to publish a fanzine and knew every Hardcore band by first name for a while. At one point, I saw Misfits records selling cheap and stocked up. This back in '87, but in the last few years thought it was time to start selling them. Evilive is permanently engraved into my brain, so I have no need for them. I don't mean I made 100K from Misfits records but a 3-4K at least just from them. Not bad for records that sold for $10.
You have quite the range in music enjoyment. I am impressed and thanks for steering me to a few other composers.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 07:45 PM 03-24-2010

:-):-):-)

That rocks my socks my friend :-)
Good on ya!
[Reply]
Page 48 of 142
« First < 38464748 49505898 > Last »
Up